What's new

New Hardware Update: Is This The ONE?

mtmowl

Even after removing MS Hello and re-setting up, it is once again back to its non-performing tricks. The fix was only temporary, it seems.

Pretty shabby.

KA309

I received my SB on the first day available back in October, and have had very few problems with it. But this update is really, really bad. Since installing it ...

-The camera works only sporadically for Windows Hello.
-I've had problems with the screen staying completely black when trying to wake my SB from sleep, forcing me to reboot by holding down the power button.
-Detach has been problematic. I push the keyboard button, which turns red rather than green. It usually corrects itself and turns green without a reboot. But this was not an issue I ever encountered before the update.
-Airplane mode icon shows on when it's not ... something that was fixed during an earlier update.

Really ... doesn't MS test the updates before sending them out?!

Seneleron

looks like i spoke a bit too soon. if i detach the screen with the unit off, then power it up, i get an internal power failure bsod every single time. when it dumps and reboots, no issues

billbo

I just had to install the latest (beta) HD Graphics Drivers because when my SB wakes from sleep, it is consistently losing 2 of the 3 external monitors. Moreover, I was still experiencing a blank SB screen from time-to-time, forcing me to power off and then on again.

For the longest while, prior this new update, as long as it woke from sleep, all my 3 external monitors were still preserved 99% of the time.

I have exactly the same issues with external monitors not coming back after resuming.
Also look here:
External monitor not getting signal from Surface Dock when resuming from sleep.

Did you get it work with the latest intel beta-driver even after the Microsoft Update?
Which version do you exactly use?

Nuspieds

I have exactly the same issues with external monitors not coming back after resuming.
Also look here:
External monitor not getting signal from Surface Dock when resuming from sleep.

Did you get it work with the latest intel beta-driver even after the Microsoft Update?
Which version do you exactly use?
I installed the Beta 15.40.18.4380 version.

I'm on the road during the week so, unfortunately, measuring the results has been limited. So far, though, yes, it resolved the issue but definitely too early for me to come to any firm conclusion.

mike_msf

I'm not sure but it looks like Surface UEFI update (v104.1085.768.0) is pulled out. I installed all updates and it says my system is up to date, however my System UEFI is 88.1085.768.

Nuspieds

I'm not sure but it looks like Surface UEFI update (v104.1085.768.0) is pulled out. I installed all updates and it says my system is up to date, however my System UEFI is 88.1085.768.
Same here.

I even uninstalled the driver, ran Windows Update, it downloaded and applied the UEFI update, but then the final result was still 88.1085.768.

MrTickleMan

I thought I could change my behavior to just flipping the screen down to put it into sleep mode and the putting in my bag since this update as a quick few trials seemed to show this now working. But I have since had at least 2 cases where flipping the screen down leaves the machine on and I return to a "hot bag".

I'll go back to shutting down the machine fully before putting into my bag. Not a big deal and it doesn't really mean time is lost but it still niggles.

Niterider4

Another possibility is to use Hibernate, which takes a lot less time to rev up than a cold boot. You can change your settings to add Hibernate to your Power menu, so you can hibernate instead of shut down, or you could change it so that your SB hibernates when you close the lid or push the power button.