What's new

new intel driver

grumpy

I just tried to install it from here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Dow...oadmirror.intel.com/24245/a08/win64_15363.exe and got the error: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

Any ideas?
Don't run the installer. Download the .zip file, extract it, and update the driver from the device manager.

http://lifeisabug.com/installing-latest-intel-hd-graphics-driver-microsoft-surface-pro-pro-2-pro-3/
  1. Obtain Lastest Intel HD Graphics Driver (.zip) from Intel Download Center
    1. Selsect “Graphics”, “Laptop graphics driver” and the chipset (for example the Surface Pro 1 uses a 3rd gen HD4000)
    2. Select your Operating System and download the driver
  2. Install 7-Zip
  3. Right click the downloaded .exe and select “Extract to …”
  4. Right click the bottom left corner on your desktop and select “Device Manager”
  5. Open “Display adapters”, right click the graphics card and hit “Update Driver Software…”
  6. Select the “Browser my computer for driver software”
  7. Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
  8. Click “Have Disk…” and browser to the extracted Intel Driver Software!
  9. In the subfolder “Graphics” open the .inf file
  10. Now click “Ok” and continue installing the driver by hitting “Next”…

IT_Freggel

Hey there,

has anyone already tested if the performace of i5 and i7 increased (by up to 30%?) as stated in the article? This might change my mind about getting the i3

IT_Freggel

I know that the i3 has a different GPU wich is not covered by this patch. My decision for the i3 was just because the i5 and i7 have the throtteling issues. If this is fixed by the patch I would consider getting an i5. I have not seen any benchmarks as of now. Would be quite interesting to repeat the Anandtech Benchmark after updating the i5.

megatronium

I know that the i3 has a different GPU wich is not covered by this patch. My decision for the i3 was just because the i5 and i7 have the throtteling issues. If this is fixed by the patch I would consider getting an i5. I have not seen any benchmarks as of now. Would be quite interesting to repeat the Anandtech Benchmark after updating the i5.

Throttling issues is an overhyped concept trumpeted by people looking for reasons to dislike the SP3? Ask yourself this: Does a MacBook throttle? Does a Yoga throttle? Does an iPad throttle? Does a Galaxy Note throttle? The answer to all of those is yes. The SP3 throttles. Desktops don't...or do they?

IT_Freggel

For me its not really the question if they throttle but more if the performance increase of i5 or i7 vs. the i3 is worth the extra cash. So if the Performance gap would be higher due to the new update for the CPU and GPU of i5 and i7 i would be tempted to purchase the i5. Thats why I asked for new Benchmarks after the update.

megatronium

For me its not really the question if they throttle but more if the performance increase of i5 or i7 vs. the i3 is worth the extra cash. So if the Performance gap would be higher due to the new update for the CPU and GPU of i5 and i7 i would be tempted to purchase the i5. Thats why I asked for new Benchmarks after the update.

Makes sense. My benchmark: before the update, my SP3 i7 sometimes would pause video in the preview window of Adobe Premiere on 1080p video. After the update, it doesn't.

mohcho

Intel Driver 09-17-2014 Version.PNG
What am I missing? I downloaded the ZIP file, extracted it to a folder, went to Device Manager and into the display drivers and attempted to update the driver to this new one, but it keeps on saying that I have the most up to date version. The current version I have installed is 10.18.10.3496 dated 2014/03/07.

I also tried to run it using the setup.exe, but it said I was using the wrong version of the driver for my OS.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What am I missing? I downloaded the ZIP file, extracted it to a folder, went to Device Manager and into the display drivers and attempted to update the driver to this new one, but it keeps on saying that I have the most up to date version. The current version I have installed is 10.18.10.3496 dated 2014/03/07.

I also tried to run it using the setup.exe, but it said I was using the wrong version of the driver for my OS.
You need to do it manually, so instead of having Device Manager searching for the Update you need to tell you have the files...

This is an example...

http://windows7themes.net/en-us/how-to-update-drivers-manually-in-windows-7-2/