What's new

New Intel drivers posted today (4080)

ScottyS

Thanks @rquellet. I just installed that firmware update and it also reverted me back to old MS display driver. Your tip let be revert back to the new Intel drivers quick and easy.

kozak79

Did you guys notice the driver mentioned Intel HD 6000 and Intel Iris 6100 chips, with better performance and 1.5 hours extra battery life. It could be promising for the Surface Pro 4.

Hmm, looks like the Intel HD 6000 will be in the new Cintiq Companion 2 Enhanced Edition, which has the new i7 5557U processor.

It will be pricy though -The Enhanced (512GB SSD, Intel Core i7-5557U, 3.1GHz): $2499.99 USD

http://community.wacom.com/en/inspi...cing-the-cintiq-27qhd-and-cintiq-companion-2/

Last edited:

GegeNY

Hello,
I have Intel HD 5000 on my Device Manager, how do I install Intel HD 6000, if I check for Update for the driver, it say I have the most current driver?
Thank you for your help.

kozak79

Hello,
I have Intel HD 5000 on my Device Manager, how do I install Intel HD 6000, if I check for Update for the driver, it say I have the most current driver?
Thank you for your help.
You won't get an HD 6000 card, the driver just lists it as supported. To install this new driver you have to download the zip version of the driver, unzip it and from the device manager select the HD 5000 card and update by navigating to the graphics folder in the unzipped driver.

Nitric

I think the driver will be determined by the chipset. So if you have hd5000, there is no way u can force install the necessary drivers meant for hd6000 even though they are inside the same package (correct me if im wrong).

Anyway, installed the latest intel driver as per link without any problem. Fan did not "blew" up. I used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to get rid of the old driver. You can find the DDU here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Arizona Willie

Arrgggg ... I have the original Surface Pro I and I just checked and it has an Intel 4000 graphics thing and this update doesn't work for it according to the info.

Crappppppppp

Metalman

I have the new driver installed no my Surface Pro. You need to download the zip file and use have disk to install manually.

Arizona Willie

Hmm, according to the website's chart it is only for 4020 and later.

It doesn't specifically say it won't work on the 4000 but since it wasn't listed as being compatible I figured it wouldn't work.

I have the new driver installed no my Surface Pro. You need to download the zip file and use have disk to install manually.