What's new

New iphone owner - how do you integrate with the Surface Pro 3

cemian

Almost in the same situation as you: became disillusioned with windows phone mainly due to lack of apps so I upgraded to iPhone 6 plus 64g which I received yesterday. Really happy with it, love the size of the screen.
Just be careful with it inside your pocket...likes to bend...pretty flimsy design

To set the record straight, there have been 9 reports (out of 10 MILLION iPhones) of bent phones. Consumer Reports did a scientific study of how much force it takes to bend an iPhone (as well as several Android phones) and the iPhone was at the low end but outperformed the HTC One and beat its design specs that Apple tests to. Here is their report: http://bit.ly/1xq2qu8

#BendGate is a non-issue. If you don't want an iPhone, don't buy one.

Gary.M

Just be careful with it inside your pocket...likes to bend...pretty flimsy design
Really? If you say so, it's on t'interwebs so it must be true, eh?
For the record, mine has not bent, scratched, shattered or exploded. But then I have not sat on it, dropped it, dipped it in liquid nitrogen and hit it with a hammer, nor have I shot at it with a sniper rifle. I guess either I am extremely lucky or I actually look after expensive gadgets.

I get it, as many people who like iPhones there will be many who don't. That's great, I'm sure there is a great phone that suits you. As the last post said if you don't want one don't get one. Simples.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Were you aware of "Preview for Developers"? There's nothing stopping you upgrading that phone.
I tried that, it was very unstable. Without any reasons it drained the battery in few minutes and the unit was very hot. So I went back to the original firmware.

daniielrp

Please, let me know if it works. I still waiting for the iPhone.

Well it works, but does no better than simply turning on auto upload in the OneDrive app.

Incidentally also found a recipe to copy any screenshots I take on the iPhone onto a new note in the OneNote app - pretty handy!

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Well it works, but does no better than simply turning on auto upload in the OneDrive app.

Incidentally also found a recipe to copy any screenshots I take on the iPhone onto a new note in the OneNote app - pretty handy!
Good to know! Thanks!

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I know your purchase is a "Fait accompli" but you might have been interested in this phone
http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8-windows/?PS=1&cid=sem157p6228417g-c
It will be available on T-Mobile soon.
Yes, they told me about when I was placing the order. But... For how long I'll get OS updates on that one? Will I get WP9? I know that I'll get iOS9, iOS10 and... 11 if I still have an iPhone. I'll go back to Windows Phone whenever Microsoft announces Windows update for the life time of their phones.