What's new

new macbook screen almost same as sp3?

mtalinm

looks like the dimensions and resolution are nearly identical. slightly different aspect ratio.

of course this will be entirely lost on the tech press...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, take the current commercial. Screen still doesn't detach, you still cant touch the screen to interact, still doesn't have a pen. ... still can't be used as a tablet, same ram and storage available ... Plus Core-M is slower than i5/i7. Nope, not the same.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, take the current commercial. Screen still doesn't detach, you still cant touch the screen to interact, still doesn't have a pen. ... still can't be used as a tablet, same ram and storage available ... Plus Core-M is slower than i5/i7. Nope, not the same.

Cant use a usb mouse, external monitor, flash drive, anything, unless you buy an adaptor or new peripherals, and then cant use them when charging without buying a hub. I love how much hate there was against the typecover being a separate purchase, yet with this you cant even use a flash drive without an additional purchase

daniielrp

I love how much hate there was against the typecover being a separate purchase, yet with this you cant even use a flash drive without an additional purchase

Well a flash drive isn't really necessary for it to function as notebook. The SP3 is half a computer unless you buy the Type Cover, which you have to just for it to be a competitor to notebooks out there.

CrippsCorner

Size wise though it's interesting that Apple have followed Microsoft...

Is 12" really the sweet spot? I prefer a smaller screen myself but that's mainly as I have it docked to an external monitor most of the time. Hell, one day I hope our phones run full Windows and can be docked for everything :) I'm sure it'll come eventually.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Size wise though it's interesting that Apple have followed Microsoft...

Is 12" really the sweet spot? I prefer a smaller screen myself but that's mainly as I have it docked to an external monitor most of the time. Hell, one day I hope our phones run full Windows and can be docked for everything :) I'm sure it'll come eventually.
All we need is wireless memory and wireless battery/power and we can have an unlimited phone system, wireless everything else is already here. :D

we might fry the mosquito population in the process of going all wireless but that's just one of those good unintended consequences. :cool:

oh shoot, I forgot wireless cooling. :confused:. Think of it like a Heat Transporter beaming heat to surrounding locations.

Last edited:

ptrkhh

I forgot wireless cooling. :confused:. Think of it like a Heat Transporter beaming heat to surrounding locations.
Air con? You know, like the freezing cold server rooms. Some countries are provided with that for free... in winter :D
Is 12" really the sweet spot?
To me, yes, 12" is the perfect spot for a portable laptop. Ive used both 13.3" and 11.6", they either trade portability for screen real estate or vice versa. Might as well be the work of the 3:2 aspect ratio though...