What's new

New Member - Surface Pro 6

JC8865

Hello all...new member here..just got a Surface Pro 6 and have spent the day getting it all set up with the win 10 updates getting my printer to work etc etc. So far I am loving it. Its definetely going to take me awhile to get used to as I'm coming from an older win 8 laptop that half the features stopped working and wouldnt connect to my wifi anymore. Im sure I'll have questions along the way.

JC

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, JC.

You must have been plugging away at that Windows 8 machine for a few years. While you are installing the latest Windows 10, be sure to update to Version 1903 or later using the Update Assistant, here.

Also, OneDrive is ready to back up your data, and even help manage your precious PC storage needs.

Thanks in advance for contributing your experiences, and joining the community.

OP
JC8865

JC8865

I got that old laptop when win8 first came out then I upgraded it to win 10 then the DVD drive failed..and its too old now to recognize my 5G wifi and only 1 usb port works on it..it was still useable if was plugged into the router but wirelessly it was useless so I took the plunge on my surface pro 6. Thanks for the tips!

JC