What's new

New SP3 User from Ipad - Needs Help!!!

Mr Big Bird

Greetings fellow SP3 owners from Sydney. I am an IPhone and IPad user who has ditched the iPad for the SP3. So far I have (slowly) been getting to work out this wonderful new toy, however!!! I am getting abit confused so am hoping I can get some guidance:

1. Apple has the genius bar in their shops, is there such a retail helpdesk available and if so in Sydney?
2. Have tried syncing the iPhone, I can't get my contacts or appointments from the phone to sync to the contacts and Calendar apps on the SP3.
3. I have office 365 however when I set up my imp email, the folders don't appear (although on the SP3 mail app they do).
4. Can I and if so how do I set u0p additional mail accounts on the SP3 mail app?

These are quite fundamental however I'm abit backward with technology and would be grateful for some assistance.

Cheers....jim

nnthemperor

Hi welcome. The SP3 is a great device I know you'll enjoy it. Here's my 2cs:
1. In the Windows store I believe there's an option to check to allow them to recommend apps based on what your preferences. I believe its in windows store settings (accessible from the charms while the store is open) and preferences.
2. You need to install the icloud outlook sync (dashboard) from the apple website.
4. Open the mail app, open charms by song in from the right, go to mail settings and add account.
My Sp3 is not with my right now so I can't check if I'm exactly correct, just saying from memory.

OP
M

Mr Big Bird

Hi welcome. The SP3 is a great device I know you'll enjoy it. Here's my 2cs:
1. In the Windows store I believe there's an option to check to allow them to recommend apps based on what your preferences. I believe its in windows store settings (accessible from the charms while the store is open) and preferences.
2. You need to install the icloud outlook sync (dashboard) from the apple website.
4. Open the mail app, open charms by song in from the right, go to mail settings and add account.
My Sp3 is not with my right now so I can't check if I'm exactly correct, just saying from memory.

Thanks nnthemperor for your reply and advice. I am enjoying the SP3, love the flexibility.

regarding point 1, I'm old school and was hoping that I could get like a one on one similar to what the Apple stores do in terms of workshops or even technical advice over the counter. I don;t think I'll have much luck on that front, and may have to rely on friendly folks like yourself in this forum!