What's new

New SP3 user

bluegrass

Not sure why you would want to remove the "Store" app from being listed in the All Apps, except that it just doesn't sit right in your head to know that it's there. Here is a way I saw on the Internet for you to get rid of it. You might not ever get it back though when you're bored and want to look for a free app you might like in the store to try. The attitude I take is out of sight, out of mind. I don't go scrolling through every app in the All Apps unless I'm looking for something.

Here is what I found doing a good old Google search which I keep as my home page in IE & now Spartan.

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Contains a "shortcut" to the MS Store. When you right click and select delete you will get a prompt for administrator password. It goes through some kind of uninstall process. The end result is Store is no longer listed under "apps" and can not be found by "Search".

CrippsCorner

Hi
Exactly! I hate apps that are forced on me (being non uninstallable). I do not agree that a simple shopping app needs to be integral to any system - it is just a shopping app. It could quite easily be uninstallable and re-installable for anyone who needs/uses it. What is this 'ecosystem' rubbish mentioned?

Ecosystem... apart from x86/x64 of course, you ain't getting nowhere on Android, iOS or Windows without a store!

WoodSurface

Have you tried Here Maps from the App store? Free, offline, touch-friendly, and excellent 3D browsing and exploring. As far as I know, the App store is the only way to get it, among other apps.

WW