What's new

New SP4 i5 Owner here

mmsean

Hi everyone I'm a new Surface Pro 4 owner as of Sunday. I found a great deal on CL where a guy purchased a i5, 8gb, 256GB, with Complete Care and black keyboard back in December 2016 and his work gave him a new one. It was mint, had original boxes and was clean as could be. I bought it. Came home registered it, as it was never registered, and now I have a great Surface at a steal of a price with a warranty until 2/6/2019. I really wanted to possibly wait for a SP5 but at the price I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited:

MickeyLittle

Congrats indeed. Hard to pass up on a steal of a deal. I believe the SP line had the biggest change between SP1 and SP2 which was exactly the same as Apple's iPad 1 and 2. So the SP3, SP4, and probably the SP5 while being improvements will go down as being more incremental improvements than major.

The point is that you probably got a steal on your SP4 and there will probably be no way in the world that the SP5 will have that many advantages over your SP4 so you made a great choice in my opinion!

OP
M

mmsean

Congrats indeed. Hard to pass up on a steal of a deal. I believe the SP line had the biggest change between SP1 and SP2 which was exactly the same as Apple's iPad 1 and 2. So the SP3, SP4, and probably the SP5 while being improvements will go down as being more incremental improvements than major.

The point is that you probably got a steal on your SP4 and there will probably be no way in the world that the SP5 will have that many advantages over your SP4 so you made a great choice in my opinion!

Yeah MickeyLittle, I figured I'd have to buy a type cover for $130 + the Complete Care is worth about $150 so I got the unit for $420! I couldn't pass that up.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow - $420 - (Great number indeed) and a great price. Welcome to the Surface Pro 4 club. Over the last 1.5 years, my machine (i7, 256, 8gb) has performed flawlessly until about two weeks ago - but Microsoft hooked me right up. I have to say their support is pretty phenomenal. So again - welcome and congratulations on a steal of a deal.