New Surface 2 owner questions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface 2' started by Pac757, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Pac757

Pac757 New Member

Hello all, I just bought a Surface 2 and was wondering if it's normal for the charger block to get so hot? I've never had a phone, laptop, or tablet charger get this hot. Also this tablet seems to take forever to do updates, I'm on 33 of 70 and I started the update process over an hour ago.

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    If you are charging AND updating I would expect it to get hot. Lots going on during that process.

3. airwolfmanila

airwolfmanila New Member

Don't get me started on how long the updates take. I just got a new Surface 2 the other day. After fully charging the thing, I started the updates. Believe it or not after ten hours, the download progress bar seemed to stop or freeze at near full. I decided to reboot. Only then did it prompt to install the updates.

I remember a similar situation when I got my Surface RT last May. I'm on a 5mbps dsl account and I never could figure out why Microsoft updates take an eternity to complete.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hot is a relative thing. It shouldn't be so hot that you cannot hold it. If you can hold your band on it then its just warm or very warm. If it would burn you then its too hot.