What's new

new Surface 2

kristalsoldier

Maybe it's the silver (and that color Type colors were made available :p). Fortunately, RT owners who didn't game much or care for HD video got a performance boost with 8.1.

True. The relative to whom I handed over the RT when I got the Surface 2 now swears by it and has found her use of her Nexus 10 dwindling! I too have found that I am spending more time on my Surface 2 as compared to my desktop machine!!!!

CrippsCorner

also forgot to mention I am getting AWESOME speeds for my wifi! most I ever got was 49.9 now I'm getting 62 average!

URL=http://imageshack.com/i/f12i6rp]
2i6r.png
[/URL]

Now that my line has been conditioned I'm getting the best speeds I ever had. However, it's still not made any difference in the real world, I can still be waiting 5-10 seconds for a website to load up.

This isn't just a Surface issue though, my PS3 is crap too, constantly crashing on 4oD & iPlayer. It's annoying but I don't know what to do...

BT have serviced my phone line, I've installed a brand new router, and tried various settings, configurations and devices. Drives me mad!
shocked.png

OP
beman39

beman39

wow that must be frustrating! I wouldn't know what to do to help ya... perhaps try calling the maker of your router, maybe they might be able to help ya?

kristalsoldier

Now that my line has been conditioned I'm getting the best speeds I ever had. However, it's still not made any difference in the real world, I can still be waiting 5-10 seconds for a website to load up.

This isn't just a Surface issue though, my PS3 is crap too, constantly crashing on 4oD & iPlayer. It's annoying but I don't know what to do...

BT have serviced my phone line, I've installed a brand new router, and tried various settings, configurations and devices. Drives me mad!
shocked.png

Fortunately, aside from a couple of days, BT has been quite good to me and I have excellent speeds on my desktop machine and on my various tablets (including the S2). I really don't know what to say. Maybe you could try hassling BT again?

CrippsCorner

They've been out four times now! Apparently there's still 4 more days to go until my conditioning is complete, so I guess I can't really complain until then. It's a real shame my bluetooth absolutely destroys my Wi-Fi connection though, as I'm going to have to think of a different solution for my audio.