What's new

New Surface Ad

Russ

I didn't say the BestBuy staff isn't nice, I said they are stupid.

Well, Mitchell, it is as I said: If they were as smart as you are -- maybe even half as smart -- they wouldn't be working at Best Buy for a few bucks an hour.

Ever considered the difficulty of maintaining a technically trained staff at modest wages in the face of 40% annual turnover? No, probably not.

Have a nice day,
Russ

Arizona Willie

Well there's a telling fact right there. 40% turnover?

The sales clerks in BB are likely part time with no benefits, or very little in benefits, working for maybe just a bump above minimum wage.
It's a wonder ANY of them are any good.

Well, Mitchell, it is as I said: If they were as smart as you are -- maybe even half as smart -- they wouldn't be working at Best Buy for a few bucks an hour.

Ever considered the difficulty of maintaining a technically trained staff at modest wages in the face of 40% annual turnover? No, probably not.

Have a nice day,
Russ

Arizona Willie

Well I can't agree with you on this one. I haven't had a job for 17 years and I haven't missed it a bit. :)

But, to clairify, I'm not really lambasting the people working there so much as I am the company for their pay schedules and how they treat employees.
Which must be pretty badly considering the claimed 40% turnover.

Say what you like about people working at Best Buy, having a job is allot better than not having one.

Russ

I'm not really lambasting the people working there so much as I am the company for their pay schedules and how they treat employees.
Which must be pretty badly considering the claimed 40% turnover.

Willie --

Turnover in the low 40's is typical for retail. Actually, Best Buy does a better job of employee relations than most. It's just the business they're in. There is a Best Buy up here, and I go there occasionally when I really want to get something today (mostly I buy online). I find their employees to be quite knowledgeable, especially when one considers the broad array of products a typical sales associate has to represent.

Regards,
Russ

mitchellvii

Have a nice day,
Russ

Actually I'm kinda dumb. I get by on my amazing body :cool2:

Angel

Check out the new web page...it's a side by side comparison listing several devices but speaking a lot on the iPad vs surface comparison. Got a chart an everything, I'm afraid apple is loosing this one. Even got me thinking of trading in my iphone for a windows one.