What's new

New Surface Book Owner :)

Nuspieds

If they would have put the Surface Pro kickstand on the SB clipboard, they could probably just about discontinue the Surface Pro line. THAT would have made it the ultimate everything machine.
Surface Pro Line: For those who prefer tablet functionality, primarily.

Surface Book Line: For those who prefer laptop functionality, primarily.

Simply adding the kickstand to the SB clipboard would not be enough to justify the elimination of the Surface Pro Line. In order to achieve that, MS would have to create an SB model that would be both price- and functionally-equivalent to the SP.

OP
Astonish

Astonish

To be honest, me, as a Surface Book owner, I can say that I prefer the tablet form factor. But the bigger screen was useful for me, in this case I would have prefered a kickstand may be but I dont say that it could replace SP4. Could be just a second version with a bigger screen, like the iPad line. Ipad Mini, Ipad Air, Ipad Pro vs Surface, SP4 and SB (or big SP4).

Orlbuckeye

If they would have put the Surface Pro kickstand on the SB clipboard, they could probably just about discontinue the Surface Pro line. THAT would have made it the ultimate everything machine.

Well you can flip the Clipboard and use the keyboard as a brace /\ (like this).

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Like this:

image.jpeg

OP
Astonish

Astonish

Today unfortunately had my first issue. When I reattached the clipboard, I had black screen, no way to wake the computer from that, but the computer was still running as i was hearing the notification sounds. Power buttons did nothing. Power and Volume Up did the trick. Anyways I had saved and closed all programs before doing it, so no big deal.

Cheers,

Seneleron

Well you can flip the Clipboard and use the keyboard as a brace /\ (like this).

I use it this way, just occasionally the base is across the room and I want to set it down but leave it propped up [or I want to leave the base in my bag during my shorter flights, but still stand up the clipboard]

It's probably a niche' use, and not a HUGE deal....until you get stuck in the first row and have to use the SB as a tablet with the full weight of the base behind it for 30-45 min until you can break out the tray table. It DOES get heavy after a bit [I got to find that one out first hand on my flight out last week. On the flip side, I had all my media to entertain me and metric TONS of battery life. I regret nothing :D ]

Seneleron

Ideal machine would be a SP4 the size of a Surface Book that never gets above 60c and has 2 x Nvidia GTX 980 Desktop cards -- all overclockable.

You watch. . . 5 years from now ;)

[sorry for the double, weird formatting issue coming in from a "liked" post caused it to look like a new comment @ bottom of thread]

dstrauss

Ideal machine would be a SP4 the size of a Surface Book that never gets above 60c and has 2 x Nvidia GTX 980 Desktop cards -- all overclockable.

You watch. . . 5 years from now ;)

[sorry for the double, weird formatting issue coming in from a "liked" post caused it to look like a new comment @ bottom of thread]

I know better (never say never) - but NEVER on the 2 x NVIDIA GTX 980 overclockable...

Seneleron

2 x 980 performance in a ultra small form factor WILL happen... Eventually. Whether program power requirements will make them the future equivalent of today's integrated graphics is another story entirely. Look at today's SB vs a gaming rig from... Say... 1997 for instance.

OP
Astonish

Astonish

Actualy in 5 years time, may be even sooner, the form factor of SP4 or Surface Book will be very very good in my opinion. Both performance wise, stylus input wise because when there was the Windows XP or Windows 7 tablet pc laptops, it was more niche market compared to now. Today Microsoft and Apple are in the game, so they will keep improving to keep the competition and today they are already in a good level, I am curious how it will be in 5 years time.