What's new

New Surface Pen starting to be available for PreOrder

Peter Steier

I hope the tilt feature really improves the parallax; none of the reviewers seems to understand what parallax means, and how tilt detection can improve it...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
+1 on parallax.

Precision drawing is difficult when trying to "look around" the pen, or anticipate the thickness of the glass when making a mark.

I will watch for reviews of the new pen.

MickeyLittle

I guess since all I do with my pen is take a lot of notes in Office, One Note, mark up screenshots and things of this nature with no drawing whatsoever. In fact I have pressure sensitivity turned off in One Note for a more consistent note taking experience. So I probably don't have a need for the new $100 stylus, correct?

Now if we ever get these things to work like an Android or Apple stylus where you can scroll web pages and apps like a wild man then wow is all I gotta say!

bmad

I guess since all I do with my pen is take a lot of notes in Office, One Note, mark up screenshots and things of this nature with no drawing whatsoever. In fact I have pressure sensitivity turned off in One Note for a more consistent note taking experience. So I probably don't have a need for the new $100 stylus, correct?

Now if we ever get these things to work like an Android or Apple stylus where you can scroll web pages and apps like a wild man then wow is all I gotta say!

I'm in the UK and mine already arrived along with the new alcantara keyboard. Shame I don't have a shiny new surface pro to try them with. Lets hope they arrive next week

MickeyLittle

I'm in the UK and mine already arrived along with the new alcantara keyboard. Shame I don't have a shiny new surface pro to try them with. Lets hope they arrive next week

Lucky you! Welcome to the forum and what model Surface Pro did you order?

Afy

You already have the new pen? How?
Where did you order it from?

bmad

Hi. I ordered direct from Microsoft here in the UK. I was surprised when they both turned up the following day. Though as I said they are pretty useless to me until the machine turns up.

OP
convergent

convergent

Hi. I ordered direct from Microsoft here in the UK. I was surprised when they both turned up the following day. Though as I said they are pretty useless to me until the machine turns up.
And you have the new pen, not the older one that came with the Surface Pro 4? You may truly be the first person on the planet to have one. None of the Microsoft Stores even have them in the US yet, even though they have the new Surface Pros.

bmad

Actually, you know what, I'm not too sure if it is the new one. It's basically the one on the Microsoft site that comes up when you pre order the surface. It could well be the old one. I'm not that bothered though it is slightly annoying. I just take loads of notes so it'll do. Sorry if I got everyone's hopes up lol.

OP
convergent

convergent

Actually, you know what, I'm not too sure if it is the new one. It's basically the one on the Microsoft site that comes up when you pre order the surface. It could well be the old one. I'm not that bothered though it is slightly annoying. I just take loads of notes so it'll do. Sorry if I got everyone's hopes up lol.

Well was the pen $50 or $100; and does it have a pocket clip on it. If $100 and no clip, its the new one.