What's new

New Surface Pro 3 issues

rfanch3r

OK so I received a new SP3 and having some issues with it and hoping someone can assist.

1) I see a lot of posts on getting 8+ hours out of this but I don't get any where near this. I have followed the tips and tricks and the battery saving sections but still only managing to eeek out 6:45 hours, I have included the battery reports as suggested by this forum. My brightness is set to 25%

2) Firefox is choppy and not smooth like IE. I have 2 addons that's a requirement. Roboform and AdBlocker. YouTube is even worse, when I first start a video and pause it not only are the controls really small but the video stops and the sound keeps going, during this time FF does not respond, if I click on something else like Twitium the video will go full screen and continue. After that it works normally.

Anyone else having these issues?

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 376

ctitanic

Welcome aboard!
I can help you with the first one thou the second one may be the cause of the first one. Doing what we are recommending will never be enough in some cases like when you are browser that use addons that sometime are very bad designed and coded.

So the question is how are and what are you using your SP3 to get that low battery life?

ctitanic

Second question when did you apply our recommendations and when did you create the report? According to that report you are getting around 6:45 hours, if the changes were applied no long before you will see that member to so up in few days.

OP
R

rfanch3r

Welcome aboard!
I can help you with the first one thou the second one may be the cause of the first one. Doing what we are recommending will never be enough in some cases like when you are browser that use addons that sometime are very bad designed and coded.

So the question is how are and what are you using your SP3 to get that low battery life?

Well I know if I use cpu intensive apps like Blender and SketchBook Pro by battery life goes down but I am using it to look at webpages, sometimes youtube videos, touchmail, twitium and metro facebook app.

OP
R

rfanch3r

Second question when did you apply our recommendations and when did you create the report? According to that report you are getting around 6:45 hours, if the changes were applied no long before you will see that member to so up in few days.

I applied them last week and just ran the reports before I posted on the forums.

OP
R

rfanch3r

One additional thing I did add was a flash addon that allowed me to run or not run flash content and flipped my default player to HTML5.

mitchellvii

Sadly Firefox seems to get slower and more buggy with each release. I've given up on it and am now using Chrome 64 bit with HD activated.

Whats odd is that all browsers have less scrolling lag on my simple Android device than on a Windows computer. Even on my i5 ultrabook I get scrolling stutter.

malberttoo

Sadly Firefox seems to get slower and more buggy with each release. I've given up on it and am now using Chrome 64 bit with HD activated.

Whats odd is that all browsers have less scrolling lag on my simple Android device than on a Windows computer. Even on my i5 ultrabook I get scrolling stutter.

I am a hard-core Chrome user, but won't use it again on my SP3 until Chrome gets their battery issues squared away.

IE on the SP3 works like a dream for me. Silky-smooth, never any stutters or lag or issues.

Kris

I only seem to have issues with flash when using Firefox, aka youtube. Are you using the beta version? I am also a big time chrome user and hate having to stay away from it because of battery issues. I have not tried using IE, I have always hated it and its security issues.

Kris

Why do people incessantly use 3rd party browsers and complain about performance?

Use to having freedom of choice? Unlike other devices PCs usually don't punish you for not using IE or other Microsoft products. Maybe the SP3 is different.