New to Surface and Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Site Assistance' started by thesmithiz, Oct 23, 2013.

1. thesmithiz

thesmithiz New Member

Hi all, I am new to the Surface and the forum - Surface 2 and Type Cover 2. Was an iPhone, iPad & Mac user for years but still using PC based laptops for work. Was getting a little iTired and went with a Windows Phone about 4 months ago and real glad I did. From the WP I am giving the iPad to my son and MacBook Pro to my daughter and going to see how I get along with just the Surface 2, so far outside of the learning curve I am definitely liking the Surface 2.
    Now I just need to explore the forum for tips on things like getting the Surface 2 to default to the SD card for music and pictures and other fun stuff. Any tips for a new to Surface person are welcome.....and yes it is registered.

2. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    I keep hearing great things about Windows Phone, though I like my Android HTC One quite a lot. :p Maybe my next upgrade will be to whatever-MS-does-with-phone-platform.

Immediate tip for library/media/default storage on the microSD: http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-tip-use-micro-sd-libraries-and-metro-style-apps

3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

4. cali

cali Member

Welcome to the site.