What's new

New to Surface - Start question.

Craddman

Good day all. Just got my Surface Pro 2 & I'm playing with it. I created a folder and pinned it to the Start screen. My question is: can I apply a picture to that tile on my Start screen (other than the "new folder" icon)? I did that with the picture folder and the lock screen but can't seem to find a way to apply an image to a new tile on the Start screen (other than the pictures folder). Any assistance is appreciated.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Do a Google search for "folder icons". The answer is yes you can.

OP
C

Craddman

Not sure I made myself clear. I understand you can change the icon by going to properties > customize > change icon - but I was hoping to lock a picture to that "tile" on the start screen like you can for the pictures tile. Is that what you're referring to?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I made myself clear. I understand you can change the icon by going to properties > customize > change icon - but I was hoping to lock a picture to that "tile" on the start screen like you can for the pictures tile. Is that what you're referring to?

Look for a Tile Creator in the Store....I believe there a couple of them, never used them personally....

kozak79

I use OblyTile. It's free and just what Windows 8 start screen needs. Made all custom icons for everything.