What's new

No audio from display miniport after W10 upgrade

yatman

Has anyone else noticed that there's no audio coming from the display mini-port after upgrading to Windows 10?

I have 2 different TV sets and hooked up my SP3 to both. The TV is actually recognized with no problem and in the Sound settings the TV is selected and showing as a playback device. However I get no audio from the TV.

Any one have any suggestions or had any conversations with Microsoft on this?

ScottyS

Has anyone else noticed that there's no audio coming from the display mini-port after upgrading to Windows 10?

I have 2 different TV sets and hooked up my SP3 to both. The TV is actually recognized with no problem and in the Sound settings the TV is selected and showing as a playback device. However I get no audio from the TV.

Any one have any suggestions or had any conversations with Microsoft on this?
I've had this problem since a firmware update while in Win8.1, I've been told (somewhere on this forum) it has to do with the MS Dock and it will work if plugged into a dock. Don't know if this means a one time plug into a dock will fix it, or if from now on I can only get sound out the mDP when using it with a dock. I don't have a dock (and will not pay $150 to buy one), so I have never tested it out.

Some day I may take it to an MS store to see, maybe when I go to buy an SP4;).