What's new

No Camera / Windows Hello in April Update

kristiankenneth

I received no update on camera drivers and Windows Hello on the latest April Update. I checked the drivers and I am still running the old drivers. When I check to update, update settings says I have the latest updates. Here are my update logs and indeed there were no update for the camera drivers?

H1.PNG
h2.PNG
hello.PNG
Update.PNG

leeshor

That has happened to me twice, both only once after a major firmware update. A reboot fixed it both times. Don't know what to say.

Afy

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

I have just turned on Windows Hello after the update.. and am quite impressed by it.

verkion

The April updates are now available for manual install. The Drivers and Firmware downloads section for the SP4 now has them incorporated into the installer. I didn't even have the April update showing at all in Windows Update but after manual install, the correct driver versions are shown for every device.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Nuspieds

I, too, was part of the group who did not get the updated camera drivers, even though Windows Update would report that my system is up-to-date.

Yes, finally they released the April 19th update as a download and then I was able to manually update the camera drivers.