What's new

No disc space???

Enrico

Hello,

I have a problem concerning my disc space.
It constandly says that I am out. I checked my settings and it only says that I have 88mb in apps, 770mb in pictures 300kb in documents and 630 in downloads.

How can I only have 400mb free of 25gb???

What takes all my disc space?

Really need help,
Thanks guys

leeshor

I think you may have one figure incorrect in your post, but that aside, it is probably programs and temp files. Go to the control panel - folder options - view. Check "show hidden files and folders". Go to c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\temp and delete all those files. Then in explorer right click C:\ and go to properties. Tap the clean disk button then again when the next window appears then check all the items in the resulting display. Report back how much you selected. A restart will be required to finish that cleanup.

That should get you started.

This is a question asked quite frequently. You are not alone. ;)

OP
E

Enrico

hey thanks for the quick awnser man!
But how do I get to c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\temp from show hidden files and Folders? I cant find it

leeshor

After telling the system to display them you should be able to see those files in Windows file explorer.

OP
E

Enrico

i figured it out. Did everything as told but now instead of 400mb free I have 200mb. So it actually got less. How is that possible?

leeshor

That doesn't compute. When you went to the disk cleanup how much was selected to delete?

Also check the folder c:\windows\temp and delete those files

OP
E

Enrico

Deleted all the temp files as instructed, didnt gain much memory though.
Something eats up all my memory and i cant figure out what it is...