What's new

No photoshop?

I have recently purchased the SP3 256 GB version. After watching commercials and youtube videos, it seems like it comes with full adobe photoshop. I cant seem to find it. Am I missing something or is it not downloaded yet?

VickiFL

Is Fresh Paint supposed to be a substitute, or should you just download Photoshop via Internet?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Photoshop is not included with the surface, the ad probably says you can run full adobe photoshop. Photoshop CC is only £8.78 per month in the UK for the photographer's subscription which includes Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5. I'm not sure what Photoshop on it's own would be. Alternatively there's Photoshop Elements which is cheaper standalone software.

Freshpaint is included and is pretty good for a "real paint" feel. Or there's GIMP or Paint.net which are a free available alternatives to Photoshop.

kundas1

wow! talk about misinterpreting... I would also luv to see this commercial how the OP could come to that conclusion...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have recently purchased the SP3 256 GB version. After watching commercials and youtube videos, it seems like it comes with full adobe photoshop. I cant seem to find it. Am I missing something or is it not downloaded yet?
The Ad shows the Surface Pro 3 running PhotoShop but doesn't say that it includes PhotoShop, it says specifically that PhotoShop and Keyboard are sold Separately...

upload_2014-11-2_16-31-54.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good job, Ad Includes legal disclaimer ... its a testament to the level we have allowed smart lawyers to pretend incredible stupidity and get away with it. AD for diving equipment... water and undersea life not included. Air sold separately. :)

As others have stated it is not part of the purchase price but you can do a free 30 day trial to see if you like it: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/photoshop Not sure where you are located but in the U.S. it's $9.99 per month for Photoshop and Lightroom. If you are just into photography then Lightroom is probably what you want and I believe Adobe sells that as a stand alone non subscription product for around $120 so you don't have a month subscription.

Liam2349

It's not included, but if you buy it then make sure you get Photoshop CC as CS6/CS5 e.t.c. will not scale correctly and won't really be usable.