What's new

No sound from speakers

hanfjeld

I recently got a surface 2 tablet, and while I am overall quite pleased with it, it's been giving me trouble from start, most of which solved through a restart, nevertheless annoying.
The most frequent bug I've been experiencing is my speakers not working at all, and when using headphones only getting loud crackling noises.
Until today I have been able to solve it through logging out and then back in, but I feel like I shouldn't have to go through this every second time I login, and now it seems like logging out and back in won't do the trick anymore.
Anyone experiencing the same trouble? It seems like the most common surface 2 audio problems do not affect headphones, so my netsearches leave me little wiser. Please help!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does everything look good in Device Manager ... no yellow or other icons... expand these nodes as well:
Audio inputs and outputs
Sound video and game controllers
System devices

Have you tried uninstalling any of the Audio devices and let the system redetect and reinstall them?

OP
H

hanfjeld

There seems to be no reason I can find- I restarted my device which seems to have put whatever was wrong at least temporarily right.
All good now-but seeing that it's been a recurring problem I'm starting to worry there might be something wrong with my tablet. Maybe I should have it looked at.