What's new

No Touch Cover Sound

Fiend

Hey guys, I've tried searching the forums in addition to online and I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.

Despite turning my volume on full and having "play key sounds as I type" within the settings - general menu my touch cover no longer makes the popping sound indicating whenever I type each letter. However, my touch cover still functions normally and when I use the onscreen keyboard the typing indication sound works.

I'd appreciate it if anyone knows a solution to this or has also experienced this issue.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome Fiend, do you have a Pro or RT? Have you tried a simple reboot? How about detaching and reattaching the keyboard? Have you checked to see if all of your updates installed correctly? Without more information these are the basic things to check.

OP
F

Fiend

Thanks for the responses guys.

Open Charms> Change PC Settings > General > Touch Keyboard > Is play sound as I type "ON"

I have it enabled but for some reason it only applies to the onscreen keyboard and not the touch cover when I type.

Welcome Fiend, do you have a Pro or RT? Have you tried a simple reboot? How about detaching and reattaching the keyboard? Have you checked to see if all of your updates installed correctly? Without more information these are the basic things to check.

I have a surface pro with a touch cover. I've tried all of the steps you've listed without any luck and at this point I'm considering doing a "system refresh" where perhaps one of the new updates messed up a driver or something, however, I'd like to avoid doing the refresh if possible.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Check your device manager in the control panel and see if you have any yellow triangles from a bad update. If so clearing those might do the trick.

mrspidernz

I had the exact same problem. It seemed to go away after connecting and disconnecting the touch cover a couple of times.