What's new

No wireless connection from SP3 and Bravia possible ANYMORE

Russ

Hi,
last week ago I could connect my SP3 with my TV. Since today I noticed that it isnt possiple anymore.

A9l6i --
Perchance, have you recently added a second display via the MiniDisplay port? If so, that will interfere with your ability to connect to the TV. You can't do both (at least not on an SP1.) You can choose between them by going to the "Connect to a different display" at the bottom of the Project menu.

Regards,
Russ

Arizona Willie

Russ, thanks for the response and info.

I just tried this and my Surface Pro recognizes the Sony Bravia TV and the TV recognizes and accepts the Surface ( surprised the hell out of me :) ) ---- but I just get a black screen on the TV. I open the Charms / select Devices/ select Project / select duplicate but nothing comes up on the TV screen --- it remains black.

There must be a step I'm missing somewhere.

I didn't even know the Surface Pro I was Miracast capable --- but apparently it is. I was really surprised when the TV recognized the Surface.
When in Mirror setting on the TV it will say ' Mirroring Surface " and when I click project on the Surface nothing happens but a black screen.

I feel I'm really really close to having this work since the TV thinks it is mirroring the Surface.

Russ

I feel I'm really really close to having this work since the TV thinks it is mirroring the Surface.

Willie --

You are close, just missing something, but I know not what. I use Project/Duplicate, not Mirror. In Desktop mode, Right Click on the Desktop and choose Screen Resolution. Make sure the settings in there are consistent with what you are trying to do. Also, your TV must have a Settings section. Check that for consistency.

I learned to do this just messing around. I use the Roku3 to play MP4 movies from my desktop computer, but I usually have the Roku set for ethernet connection, since it's cleaner and faster, and I had an open spot on my router.

Good luck,
Russ

Arizona Willie

My TV has Mirror Mode in it's input settings. That is where I set it to try to mirror the Surface.
When I go into that setting it says it is mirroring the Surface.
On the Surface I bring up the Charms bar and select Devices then Project then Duplicate but just get a black screen on the TV.

I'm wondering --- will it mirror my Desktop and browser or does it only mirror videos and pictures perhaps?
It < seems > to be working but nothing shows on the TV.

Russ

--- will it mirror my Desktop and browser or does it only mirror videos and pictures perhaps?

Willie --
Mine shows whatever is on the Surface -- desktop, spreadsheet, word, whatever. I can't think of anything else to try. Sorry.
Take care,
Russ

Arizona Willie

I am frustrated.

I have been trying to mirror the Surface to my TV.

The TV acknowledges the Surface and says it is mirroring it.

The Surface recognizes the TV.

The TV will say that it is mirroring the Surface and then blinks and says Scene Select General and then the screen goes blank.

Except for every once in awhile I will see the Surface screen pop onto the TV for maybe 3/4 of a second and then it disappears!!!!! :(

Something about the Surface is stopping the projection.

I have turned off the firewalls but it didn't fix it.
I've stopped my virus program and that didn't help.

In Device Manager if I click " show hidden devices " the Miracast adapter shows up with the TV listed below it.

They are talking up to a point. And every once in awhile the Surface will project to the TV for asecond and then it stops.

All suggestions appreciated.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id would check the TV vendors Support site for any possible updates, reports by other people with the same problem and any clues to a resolution. Otherwise id just buy a Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 or other know working adapter and end the frustration. Time is money.

Arizona Willie

Does anyone have a Sony 2014 XBR X55850B UHD TV that has been able to get their Surface tablet ( any version ) to mirror to that TV?

I get the Surface flashing on the screen of the TV for a second and then the screen goes black. It thinks it is still mirroring the Surface but apparently the signal gets cut off and I can't figure out why.

It must be a setting somewhere that sees the signal going out and say " oh wait a second --- you can't do that " and stops the signal.

So far none of the " unhelp " at Microsoft answers has been any use at all, nor have they in the Sony forums.

Arizona Willie

No firmware updates available. For either the TV or the Surface. Both are kept up to date.

The fact that the Surface show up on the TV at all proves, to me, that it can be done.

Dunno what is stopping the signal, though.

I have shut off Windows firewall and my virus program's firewall and even completely removed the virus program ( as directed by tech support ) to no avail.

I would think Microsoft people would know what settings were required for their own programs to work --- but that's what I get for thinking.

Arizona Willie

No firmware updates available. For either the TV or the Surface. Both are kept up to date.

The fact that the Surface show up on the TV at all proves, to me, that it can be done.

Dunno what is stopping the signal, though.

I have shut off Windows firewall and my virus program's firewall and even completely removed the virus program ( as directed by tech support ) to no avail.

I would think Microsoft people would know what settings were required for their own programs to work --- but that's what I get for thinking.