What's new

No wireless connection from SP3 and Bravia possible ANYMORE

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Protocols....
Can I have access?
You "can" but since you didn't say "may" ... NO!
:)

OR - I'm sorry, you sent a request with bit 4 set to 1 and I don't allow that, goodbye.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have a Sony 2014 XBR X55850B UHD TV that has been able to get their Surface tablet ( any version ) to mirror to that TV?

I get the Surface flashing on the screen of the TV for a second and then the screen goes black. It thinks it is still mirroring the Surface but apparently the signal gets cut off and I can't figure out why.

It must be a setting somewhere that sees the signal going out and say " oh wait a second --- you can't do that " and stops the signal.

So far none of the " unhelp " at Microsoft answers has been any use at all, nor have they in the Sony forums.
Willie.... please use the original thread.....

Unfortunately Samsung and Sony have made it extremely difficult to use Miracast from Windows devices, I seen you ask this on multiple forums and nothing seems to work. Since it flashes briefly, why don't you attempt to downscale the TV to 1080p prior to trying as Miracast doesn't support 4K.....

Arizona Willie

I can < try > to change it.

But the TV upconverts signals to 4K automagically and when the Surface screen does show up --- it looks great --- as long as it lasts.

I have the original Wii and was stunned when I hooked it up to this TV at how great the picture was. It looked pretty crappy on my old Mitsubishi HD from 2004 but this TV massages the signal and makes a great picture even with that " old " technology. All I use the old Wii for anymore is a glorified weight scale. Get on every morning and it still tracks my weight even though it has been saying " this is you 1999th day " for over a year.

Overall I'm delighted with this Sony tv. And it doesn't seem to be Sony's fault since the Surface screen does appear but something then stops the signal.

It just about has to be a setting somewhere in Windows I would think.

But, I've been wrong before and have 2 ex-wives to prove it :)

But if Miracast sends a 1080P signal ( or even 1080I ) this TV deals with it just fine and upconverts it to 4K.
===============

Willie.... please use the original thread.....

Unfortunately Samsung and Sony have made it extremely difficult to use Miracast from Windows devices, I seen you ask this on multiple forums and nothing seems to work. Since it flashes briefly, why don't you attempt to downscale the TV to 1080p prior to trying as Miracast doesn't support 4K.....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can < try > to change it.

But the TV upconverts signals to 4K automagically and when the Surface screen does show up --- it looks great --- as long as it lasts.

I have the original Wii and was stunned when I hooked it up to this TV at how great the picture was. It looked pretty crappy on my old Mitsubishi HD from 2004 but this TV massages the signal and makes a great picture even with that " old " technology. All I use the old Wii for anymore is a glorified weight scale. Get on every morning and it still tracks my weight even though it has been saying " this is you 1999th day " for over a year.

Overall I'm delighted with this Sony tv. And it doesn't seem to be Sony's fault since the Surface screen does appear but something then stops the signal.

It just about has to be a setting somewhere in Windows I would think.

But, I've been wrong before and have 2 ex-wives to prove it :)

But if Miracast sends a 1080P signal ( or even 1080I ) this TV deals with it just fine and upconverts it to 4K.
===============
The issue is both Sony and Samsung "extended" the Miracast Standard (vs. What Google did with Chromcast and Apple did Airplay), it it makes it difficult for 3rd party devices to negotiate the protocols....

yonghong

I have the same problem , several times already with my MS wireless HDMI adaptor. I uninstall display drivers, then install it again, it fixed.