What's new

Normal 'People app' behaviour..? 10 sec+ delay with opening links in IE

N1cks

I like my Surface RT.
Coming from a Windows Phone, I'm pretty used to using the native Microsoft apps.

When I touch a link to a website in RT's 'People app', it takes over 10 seconds for it to open in Internet Explorer. Also, if I touch a link and continue browsing the People App, Internet Explorer won't pop open so have to manually switch to it.

Is this normal behaviour for the People App? I also notice the Bing App is pretty slow at opening links in Internet Explorer.

If this is not normal behaviour, how can I fix it :( ? I've tried a refresh, reset, & uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Ideally, I'd like to use the People App & Internet Explorer split screen i.e. touch a link... see it open instantly in IE, while continuing to browse the People App while the page loads.

OP
N

N1cks

I've since discovered it's just links from my Twitter in the People App which open slowly in Internet Explorer (+10 secs). If I touch links from Facebook posts, they open straight away.

Has anyone else found this with their Twitter accounts in the People App..?

TeknoBlast

I think they need to do some more improvements on the People app. I still get the delay refresh and then crashes if I swipe from the top and the tap Home. I really like the look and feel of the people app, but the buggyness turns me off from it. I hope 8.1 help.

machistmo

Most of the built in Windows 8 apps are unfinished, buggy and crash prone. Most of mine stopped loading outright before I decided to return my Surface Pro. Click and NOTHING, nada, zilcho.

OP
N

N1cks

Problem solved. The problem wasn't to do with my Surface or the People App, but my router.

A firmware update of the Netgear N600 router has resolved this issue.

So for the first time I can now use my Surface RT the way it's meant to be - gliding from App to IE & back again :-D.