What's new

Not impressed

To avoid any arguments, I've downloaded upgrades, I've used different pens, I've changed batteries in my pen, I've even changed batteries in my finger and nothing changes. I've even tried different browsers, all with no difference.

Turbo4AWD

I've been having the 'touch' problem for well over a year. No updates make an improvement. The problem is I can't get any joy from the browser when using the pen, nor can I get any sign of life when using my finger. I use my bluetooth keyboard to scroll the page (either up or down) and it seems to fix the problem. I also have problems when trying to close a tab with the pen. No matter what I do or how hard I press, the tab won't close however when I ask the browser to close completely down at the task bar, voila, success. It is one of the reasons why I don't recommend the S3 to anyone.

Comments like this are reasons I don't recommend a manual transmission to anyone. "It should just work and cost me nothing. I shouldn't have to 'learn' how to use it. Who bothers learning how to use a product?"

FYI, everything was working fine when I first got it but an update screwed everything and I've been chasing my tail ever since. I still use the S3 about 50% of the time, and I mostly use it to view video, play music and general searching. Facebook uses a LOT of RAM and often causes the S3 to run and react really slow, but a restart soon fixes that.

Plantje

Comments like this are reasons I don't recommend a manual transmission to anyone. "It should just work and cost me nothing. I shouldn't have to 'learn' how to use it. Who bothers learning how to use a product?"
I still don't agree with statements like these.
First of all: the Surface line is not for people that choose the device with the least cost. People that go for the cheapest option take some Android tablet from a Chinese retailer. One can expect things to run less smooth there
Second: yes, it should just work. That doesn't mean people don't need to learn how to use products, but it does mean it should function properly!
The issues that I run into with my FOURTH Surface 3 within one year have nothing to do with me not knowing how to work with Windows, a tablet, a Surface etc.

The same goes for people buying a Surface Pro 4, Surface Book. Some issues should not occur and are completely separate from people's knowledge

Turbo4AWD

I still don't agree with statements like these.
First of all: the Surface line is not for people that choose the device with the least cost. People that go for the cheapest option take some Android tablet from a Chinese retailer. One can expect things to run less smooth there
Second: yes, it should just work. That doesn't mean people don't need to learn how to use products, but it does mean it should function properly!
The issues that I run into with my FOURTH Surface 3 within one year have nothing to do with me not knowing how to work with Windows, a tablet, a Surface etc.

The same goes for people buying a Surface Pro 4, Surface Book. Some issues should not occur and are completely separate from people's knowledge

Statements like this I disagree with because NO MATTER what device I use I end up having to figure out a way to make it function properly or end up finding out it will be a known issue with the device.

Plantje

I don't get your point... You always end up having to figure out a way to make it function properly or end up finding out it will be a known issue with the device? So none of your devices ever worked properly?! I would be really worried...

Turbo4AWD

I don't get your point... You always end up having to figure out a way to make it function properly or end up finding out it will be a known issue with the device? So none of your devices ever worked properly?! I would be really worried...

Not even my car works properly. I should have 700 horsepower, but I am going to have to make it get there, NOT the manufacturer...*sigh* I wish things would just WORK...lol