What's new

Not sure I have Performance Base?

vincentallen2

I ended up returning it to BB and getting the 1 from Amazon as they are different. Amazon has the i5 8gig Ram 128 SSD with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and BB did not have the updated edition. The part number changed from like CR9-00001 to CR9-00013.

My new question is do I really have the performance base or not. I ask because I want to order the correct UAG case and this seems to be iffy...
Amazon.com: UAG Surface Book Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Laptop Case: Computers & Accessories
Hi, I'm about to buy that same model (CR9-00013 128GB/8GB/i5) from Amazon. When you received yours, did it actually have the Nvidia DGPU?

The DGPU would be the only reason I choose this one over the regular base model bundle sold at Costco

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vincentallen2

b38390cd32121ccdb1b6fe6c74f37b10.jpg

You can see the difference between the description of the GPU. hope it would help you and not too late

How can I check to see?
It should be listed on the top left corner of the back of the box, like lovedingbao's picture

It should say "Nvidia GeForce GPU"

vincentallen2

Any other way? I'm out of town till Saturday.
I "think" you might be able to check by going to the start menu, then right click on Computer, and then click Properties. This should be to bring up the specs on a regular Windows laptop, but I'm not sure if it will show the gpu on a Surface Book, since it's detachable

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That page allows you to select additional configurations as well.... it is confusing at best as they have some general content across all configurations and some that are SKU specific....

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

That page allows you to select additional configurations as well.... it is confusing at best as they have some general content across all configurations and some that are SKU specific....

That makes sense but it is confusing for some of us whom are not experts in electronics and think we're getting something that we're really not.

But I have no complaints as I've had all of the different Surface Pro models and the Surface Book has been the most stable to me without a doubt. Plus this really flies!