What's new

not sure I *want* a bigger Surface

mtalinm

This thing is just the right size for (coach) airplane travel. And the Power Cover lasted the whole way across the Atlantic, I was shocked.

WP_20140611_001.jpg

kodos

I just got the PowerCover. I'm so pleased with it - it looks like for my usage, my SP2 can last about 12 hours. I also do like the 10" form factor, though the SP3 I held at BestBuy was REALLY nice. I really like the new pen as well.

But I decided to invest about $250 on my SP2 and make it the way I want it. I'm hoping the new Core-M processors will debut in some form by end of next year and get a SP4 (or SP5) when those are out. Right now, I got a nice case to make it easier to hold the SP2, and I have a Wacom Feel pen for the SP2 that gives a pen experience much more like the SP3. I really hate the SP2 pen for writing, the feeling of hard plastic on glass doesn't remind me of actually writing. The Wacom Feel's pen is like the SP3 pen in that it is much more like felt.

BTW, I noticed a lot of wear on the nib of the SP3 pen at BestBuy after a few days. This is a downside of the softer nibs, but I personally would rather swap them out all the time than take hard plastic vs. glass. Ugh.

MickeyLittle

Let me be the first to welcome our SP 2 friends to our SP 3 forum site.:big smile:

Just kidding guys don't blow a gasket. Your reason (s) for sticking with the Pro 2 are valid and for a lot of us it wasn't/isn't an easy switch. Not to mention the financial loss as it seems that there are a lot of SP 2s selling in the $500 dollar range :eek:mg:

ipaq_101

I mean it's not a massive jump in size, the best feature of the SP3 is that it's slimmer. The Surface Pro2 is just not as refined looking, it looks like a brick to me. Stick with whatever works for you.

kodos

I mean it's not a massive jump in size, the best feature of the SP3 is that it's slimmer. The Surface Pro2 is just not as refined looking, it looks like a brick to me. Stick with whatever works for you.

I agree! The slimmer form factor is very enticing. But I do want to see how the i7 pans out, as I want to have a processor / memory / disk bump from my 128GB i5 4GB SP2. With the type cover, etc. then I'm looking at a LOT of cash, and as someone else mentioned the SP2s are not re-selling for a whole lot right now! So I bought some accessories and made the SP2 a lot nicer :)

I am really happy for everyone who was able to get an SP3. I'm looking forward to hearing about how awesome they are!

Zkyevolved

I want the SP3 but the problem is the cash. I spent a lot of money on this device already between the accessories, the Microsoft complete insurance, and the type cover 2. I consider these to be the minimum requirements for the device.

To get the same layout on the SP3 I would have to dish out a lot of cash. I love my pro 2, and I am kind of a gadget freak... I will have to hold out I guess because in all honesty this is one of the best devices I have ever owned. So I can't complain too much about the device.

The only problem I really see with the device is the lack of proper cases (like the feather cases from incipio).

macmee

I don't like the larger size either but I hate how heavy the sp2 is. No i7 until the end of Summer. Damn it Microsoft :(

kodos

I don't like the larger size either but I hate how heavy the sp2 is. No i7 until the end of Summer. Damn it Microsoft :(

Are you seriously thinking of a SP3, given your hate-sometimes-like relationship with SP2? :)

My SP2 experience was rocky in the beginning, but now it's been very solid, so I'd give the SP3/4/5 a go - when I feel like my SP2 is no longer sufficient for my needs.