What's new

Not sure that Costco will have the Surface 3 on launch day

irogos

Just talked to Costco. I gave them the item number from the costco website and they tried to look it up. They were unable to find the Surface 3 in their system at the store. They aren't aware of having it in stock yet either. The physical costco stores may not be getting the Surface 3 in stock right away.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
All Costcos may not be equal either. Some Best Buys had preview units others didn't.

I imagine carrying it, or when to carry it, is a store manager decision. Based on floor space and sales history they may opt for the large bags of bird seed this time of year :)

leeshor

Welcome aboard.

That would be Tuesday;);) Just like a bunch of others here on the forum. I suspect by tomorrow night this joint will be jumping with S3 user opinions.

OP
I

irogos

Welcome aboard.

That would be Tuesday;);) Just like a bunch of others here on the forum. I suspect by tomorrow night this joint will be jumping with S3 user opinions.

I will be posting a personal user review on youtube once I get my S3.

brianp

Do you mind me asking which model you ordered? I ordered the 128GB/4GB model.

I got the 128GB/4GB/keyboard/pen bundle.

I'm hopeful but pessimistic that it will arrive tomorrow. The Costco email says that the estimated arrival is tomorrow, but UPS shows that it's still in the "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" state.

brycerocky

I'm hopeful but pessimistic that it will arrive tomorrow. The Costco email says that the estimated arrival is tomorrow, but UPS shows that it's still in the "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" state.

Odd I ordered mine on the April 7th - maybe it's based on destination (I'm in California).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

My UPS tracking just recently updated. It shows that it's not picked up yet but the origin location is just a couple hours away. Last time IIRC it was picked up at midnight, arrived at the local office around 3AM, was out for delivery around 6AM and I had it before Noon.

Status shows delivery by end of day tomorrow which could be up to late evening.