What's new

Notifications on RT

Boran

It seems that not many people are having the issue I do so any help is appreciated.
If I lock my Surface RT, which is constantly connected to WIFI, I do receive emil on screen notifications , but not direct messages in People Hub, which is linked to Facebook and Twitter accounts.
On example , RT is locked, I unlock it and no new instant message notification displayed on Messaging Tile(I would expect to se number of new messages on the hub). Once I click on Messaging Tile it opens and is in status of synchronising and than I see mesages posted to me, usualy via Facebook.
Thank you
Boran

ArnoldC

I don't think the People app support the Facebook push-notification. But my Messages app, constantly pop-up incoming messages.

OP
B

Boran

I don't think the People app support the Facebook push-notification. But my Messages app, constantly pop-up incoming messages.

Hi
Thank you for reply, I made mistake when I said People Hub, I meant Messaging Hub. I need to open Messaging Hub to see if I got new messgaes from FB.
Boran

OP
B

Boran

Hi T
I have dont that, notifications are enabled.
I am not at Surface right now, just thinking I might need to have large tile for notifications to be displayed, probbably not, but I have Messaging Tile in small size.
B

ArnoldC

Messaging notifies via a pop-up on the upper right hand, and shows the number of new messages on the tile, even when set to small.

OP
B

Boran

Thanks Arnold
So it is not that then, I will play with it tonight and see if I can figure out what could be.
Thanks again

drowe

Look at the lock screen settings. I seem to recall when I set up my mail I had to set it to show notifications on the lock screen so it would work in the background.