What's new

Nvidia drivers

wynand32

So, a quick (maybe) question: if one installs the Nvidia and Intel drivers, how hard is it to roll back to using the Microsoft-issued drivers?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, a quick (maybe) question: if one installs the Nvidia and Intel drivers, how hard is it to roll back to using the Microsoft-issued drivers?
Not hard pretty standard - occasionally you'll need to remove the device and uninstall the driver and reboot.

OP
G

gman713

Does anyone notice after installing the GeForce Experience application that you start getting a "Surface Detach: Action Required" message in the system tray? I just installed it (again) and after a reboot, this message appeared. Before installing the application, I never had this message.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone notice after installing the GeForce Experience application that you start getting a "Surface Detach: Action Required" message in the system tray? I just installed it (again) and after a reboot, this message appeared. Before installing the application, I never had this message.

On the latest insider build the Surface DTX is causing this...

OP
G

gman713

I've bugged it...

Thank you!

I also uninstalled the GeForce application and the 3D Vision driver (I figured why would I need 3D drivers?) and everything went back to normal again with the Surface Detach button. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but how would I continue to update my Nvidia gpu driver if I don't have the GeForce application installed?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you!

I also uninstalled the GeForce application and the 3D Vision driver (I figured why would I need 3D drivers?) and everything went back to normal again with the Surface Detach button. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but how would I continue to update my Nvidia gpu driver if I don't have the GeForce application installed?
You either download it manually from the NVIDIA site or you wait for MS to update it...