What's new

October firmware update

VickiFL

I just noticed this today. After the firmware update yesterday, the mouse on my type cover keeps locking up for no reason. I already have an appointment at the Microsoft Store this Friday afternoon for a Micro SD card issue, so I'll add this to the list and ask them.

ScottyS

Wifi after hibernate still broken, sigh :(
Yeah. I still get "Limited Connection" at some places at work. But the Bluetooth may have been fixed; BT mouse paired both in Win8.1 and 10 and stayed paired. Can't wait to try the top part of the pen but I have to get new batteries. I burned the button batteries out trying to pair it so much.

lonaysta

Yeah. I still get "Limited Connection" at some places at work. But the Bluetooth may have been fixed; BT mouse paired both in Win8.1 and 10 and stayed paired. Can't wait to try the top part of the pen but I have to get new batteries. I burned the button batteries out trying to pair it so much.
OMG How many times you paired it...I really wish I could mail you a couple of that batteries since I got 6 extra...

ScottyS

Thanks for the offer, but I'll find some this weekend. If it's true my BT stays paired now and the purple button will work to open OneNote it'll make the Surface a whole new thing. I teach in small groups and used to always use scraps of paper to make quick diagrams or graphs. I use OneNote and the pen for that now and even have pages with some diagrams and drawing that I can mark on to teach points. To open OneNote with a pen click even when asleep would be "da bomb" (to quote Breaking Bad).

HarnessTech

Maybe I'm just lucky, but my SP3 decided it needed to install the update twice. No idea why. This is my third SP3 and this one is likely to go back as well. The wifi has been spotty at best and bluetooth cuts off randomly, even before the update. Rebooting seems to fix the bluetooth but the wifi is a constant irritation. Everyone else around me connects to the wifi without any trouble and so does my Note 3 phone. This update seems to have worsened the issue.

I wish I would have kept my original SP3. The two replacements so far have been terrible.

Capture.PNG

Kris

on my 6th SP3, exchanged 5 so far. I say keep exchanging until you get one that works... I might have finally got one that does.

olimjj

on my 6th SP3, exchanged 5 so far. I say keep exchanging until you get one that works... I might have finally got one that does.
Perhaps if you are continue to be unfortunate enough to be unsuccessful in your quest, you might earn Guinness Book of Records status.:)

Kris

Perhaps if you are continue to be unfortunate enough to be unsuccessful in your quest, you might earn Guinness Book of Records status.:)
Holding the record for having the worst luck with electronics... lol if it gets written down somewhere my future children might blame me for starting a family curse.

olimjj

Holding the record for having the worst luck with electronics... lol if it gets written down somewhere my future children might blame me for starting a family curse.

Either that, or single handedly putting the Microsoft Surface division out of business. :)

r0b123

Although its only been 2 days, I have not received any 10/28/2014 System Updates on my Win10 TP, same build 9860. I've submitted feedback for Surface Pro3 and curious if its something with this combination of system + OS that we won't get this.