What's new

Odd Random Events on SP3

gdhodges54

Hi, just wondering where I can post my question? I have a surface pro 3 and I am having very odd random events when I am unlocked. Web pages disappear, come back, move forward etc, all sorts of strange occurrences. The keyboard on the tablet, not the add on one, also seems to have a mind of its own. Has anyone else experienced issues like these. The surface pro is a week old. Thanks Gary

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Gary,

Your description sounds like somebody is remotely logged in to your machine.

At this point, you likely have done all the updates, and are on Windows 8.1. But we need to rule out a software problem first.
You should do a 'Refresh' from PC Settings, Update and Restore. That should make sure you have a proper installation.

It is possible that your touch screen is somehow getting some erroneous input, but why that did not give you problems last week is a puzzle to solve. If you do a Refresh, let us know how that goes. Then we'll pursue hardware problems.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple things... run a malware scan with Malwarebytes and also see if you still have weird behaviors in Airplane mode and Bluetooth Off.
Someone from "Person of Interest" may have force paired to your device :)

OP
G

gdhodges54

Gary,

Your description sounds like somebody is remotely logged in to your machine.

At this point, you likely have done all the updates, and are on Windows 8.1. But we need to rule out a software problem first.
You should do a 'Refresh' from PC Settings, Update and Restore. That should make sure you have a proper installation.

It is possible that your touch screen is somehow getting some erroneous input, but why that did not give you problems last week is a puzzle to solve. If you do a Refresh, let us know how that goes. Then we'll pursue hardware problems.

Well I tried doing the restore, no change though, browsing just keeps doing weird things, pages close, reopen, go back and forth between pages, this would have to be the worst and most frustrating device I have used. Any more help, I can't believe that I would be the only one having this issue

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well I tried doing the restore, no change though, browsing just keeps doing weird things, pages close, reopen, go back and forth between pages, this would have to be the worst and most frustrating device I have used. Any more help, I can't believe that I would be the only one having this issue

Do you have see faint circles on the screen, localized in one area of the screen? If yes, these are phantom touches and all touch screen get them from time to time, one of the earlier Firmware Updates fixed the issue for most people but there is also the possibility that you have a defective touch Digitizer on your SP3.

My recommendation is apply all updates and Firmware Updates and see if it fixes the issue, otherwise RMA the device.