What's new

Odd video rendering issues

davidlozzi

I'm getting some odd rendering issues on my Surface Book. See attached. This is in Fire Fox, but I get it in Outlook 2016, IE, Chrome, almost everywhere.

Also, how do I know what display adapter I'm using? I have the Nvidia (I see it in device manager) but when I go to display settings I only see Intel.

Thanks!
David

Attachments

• rendering.jpg
    rendering.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 382

chicago

I also have been experiencing display/rendering issues, but primarily in Outlook 2016 from the date I installed it. During the course of the day as I am using Outlook, portions of the Outlook screen I am working in (whether it be the inbox, the calendar, tasks or an individual email, calendar entry or task entry) lose visibility. For example, I will start typing the body of text in a new email, and cannot see the cursor or the text as I am typing. The text is there, as I can save the email (difficult because the save drop down options also loses visibility), and close and reopen outlook, and see the text in the draft email I just typed. Sometimes portions of the outlook window will become visible again if I sweep my mouse over those portions of the screen (but most often not). Usually, I have to close and reopen Outlook, which resolves these rendering issues for a while, but it always happens again, many times each day. I have uninstalled and re-installed Outlook with no change. I work in Outlook all day long, so this is incredibly frustrating for me. Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

OP
D

davidlozzi

I also have been experiencing display/rendering issues, but primarily in Outlook 2016 from the date I installed it. During the course of the day as I am using Outlook, portions of the Outlook screen I am working in (whether it be the inbox, the calendar, tasks or an individual email, calendar entry or task entry) lose visibility. For example, I will start typing the body of text in a new email, and cannot see the cursor or the text as I am typing. The text is there, as I can save the email (difficult because the save drop down options also loses visibility), and close and reopen outlook, and see the text in the draft email I just typed. Sometimes portions of the outlook window will become visible again if I sweep my mouse over those portions of the screen (but most often not). Usually, I have to close and reopen Outlook, which resolves these rendering issues for a while, but it always happens again, many times each day. I have uninstalled and re-installed Outlook with no change. I work in Outlook all day long, so this is incredibly frustrating for me. Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Yup, I'm getting the same in Outlook :/