What's new

Office Userform Size

nikimitsy

I am trying to figure out before buying what the userform size (excel) would be to fit full screen on a surface pro 12" or 10" Please..Seems all the demos at store do not load office, so i was just curious on how differrent it was versus laptop as i want to switch to a surface. Sorry if this seems like a wierd question..I run on my laptop screen resolution 1900x600 and i believe my userform is somewhere around 775 H & 1200W.

Thanks in advance

jrioux

I am trying to figure out before buying what the userform size (excel) would be to fit full screen on a surface pro 12" or 10" Please..Seems all the demos at store do not load office, so i was just curious on how differrent it was versus laptop as i want to switch to a surface. Sorry if this seems like a wierd question..I run on my laptop screen resolution 1900x600 and i believe my userform is somewhere around 775 H & 1200W.
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but... Because the S3 and SP3 have the same display ratio, there should be no difference in how your Excel form looks on their screens. Excel allows you to zoom and make you form fit the screen on either machine. (From the dimensions you gave, you will probably want to zoom the the form's full width and will need to scroll down to the bottom cells.

I use Excel on both my RT (wide 10" screen) and SP3 (12"). Excel works fine and can fill the screen on both of my machines. The menus are harder to read on the smaller machine and more cells can be legible on the larger machine. I prefer the larger screen due to my poor eyesight. The SP3 also recalculates more quickly, but that generally isn't a big issue.

OP
N

nikimitsy

Thanks for the reply, what i am trying to figure out if you were to open excel within surface and open visual basic editor and insert userform what would be the userform width and height be if you were to stretch out to the full width of the screen. so you not have to scroll. Why i ask i create applications and want to see what the screen size difference between a laptop to a tablet/laptop.. thanks in advance

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @nikimitsy ,

I also develop VBA macros and forms for Office. Here is a screenshot. You'll notice that as with all previous versions, the Toolbox menu is small, and continues to be non-resizable, but all other windows are easy to size, move, and use. Of course, the menus still are available, if you do not choose to use the Toolbox.

I am using Windows 10 (Build 10074), a Surface Pro 3, and Office 2016.
Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (15).png

OP
N

nikimitsy

That is great, not worried about toolbox as i just intend on running xlsm on the surface not edit, so i am trying to figure out what size do you set your userform at my question is what size is the userform you are using that makes fullscreen to surface when viewing

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, using the full screen (note the Windows Taskbar at bottom), but not "View, Fullscreen".