What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

bradhaak

Picked up my 256 at the MS store this morning. Along with the black keyboard, I also bought an extra power supply for travel and a really nice sleeve.

Futzed up Office the first time so had to do a full reset and start over but now it is charged, configured and ready to go.

dleuen

I'm in. I just picked up an i5 256GB SP3 with black keyboard at Best Buy. No reservation, no waiting, just walked in and bought it. It looked like they had quite a stock (maybe 20 - 30 or so) but I have no idea of which model they all were. So far I love it over my SP1. Keyboard feels much better, screen is nicer and of course larger, it is noticeably lighter and overall doesn't feel that much bigger than SP1. It is roughly the size of a US 8.5"x11" Spiral notebook. For some reason the stupid TV ad made it look huge to me and I almost didn't get one because of that. I'll post pics later too. I should be working, not buying stuff and visiting this board.

kristalsoldier

Am in Toronto now! Picked up the Sp3 an hour or so back...putting it through its paces. How to increase the font size though?

Seneleron

Has anyone else opened their box to find the pamphlets and battery floating around loose? How about the unit stuck on the setup screen on repeat until you roll a local account?
Last, and most important, has anyone else noticed that their pen was sync'd to the unit BEFORE they actually performed the initial sync procedure?

I ask, because I suspect my unit was previously opened...

Also, chrome still looks like absolute garbage, but I expected that. Firmware updates took awhile, and my pen seems to sometimes register and sometimes not [it won't click next buttons or it won't manipulate sliders the first time]

ctitanic

Got it today at Best Buy.
WP_20140620_001.jpg

Seneleron

WP_20140620_21_23_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20140620_21_29_05_Pro.jpg

Who needs a docking station? :D

Now if only I can get my Razer Adaro Wireless headphones to stay connected reliably. . they keep wanting to drop out and back in, and then they just stop :(

Last edited:

benjitek

Also, chrome still looks like absolute garbage, but I expected that.
That's temporary, the current beta of Chrome is all about fixing how Chrome looks and performs in Windows 8 -- once the beta stage is finished it'll replace the release version. It looks great on my SP2, and is very stable at this point. While I wouldn't install the 'Canary' version, I think you'd be fine with the developers-beta -- or just wait, shouldn't be much longer.