What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

Seneleron

I told myself I would not be so impulsive this time.

I told myself I wasn't sure I wanted a bigger Surface.

I told myself I would wait and see what people think of it.

I told myself I should really wait for the i7 chip and 512 disk.

I told myself I would not buy it on launch day.

But there I was at Best Buy at 8:45pm last night. Salesguy promised me I could bring it back if I didn't like it.

</cardswipe>

hopelessness.jpg

jedge

By default, the SP3 has a display at 150%. And my Chrome looked terrible, too. I changed the display to 125% and then increased Chrome's magnification to 150%.... it looks pretty good now!

It's not the magnification, it's the fact that Chrome doesn't support HiRes displays... any of them. The code is there though, you just need to hack it a bit. It's super-easy and totally reversible. Still, not sure if that's proper to post on these forums so send me a PM if you want the details. My Chrome is gorgeous now without having to rescale the UI... though that was a smart work-around.

You have IE right? the hell to chrome.

IE11 is great, nothing against it... accept that all my bookmarks are synced in Chrome across PC/Phone/WorkPC/etc...

Last edited:

Saul

Geez, things have certainly gone quiet in this thread, & elsewhere in the sub-forum.
If anything, I would've expected things to puck up, now that we have some owners.

bearly

Well, I am probably one of the first Irish people to own one and really chuffed with it so far. I bought an SP2 last October and have been really happy with it. My wife happened to be in Alabama for three weeks and was leaving the US on the 24th June. I didn't bother pre-ordering and took a chance she could pick one up at the local best buy. Come launch day, down she goes to BB at 10am and happy days no queue and loads of SP3's in stock. It amuses no end that I paid in the region of $300 less for the SP3 than the same spec SP2 thanks to the currency difference between $ and euro. So here I am in on holiday in France with a pretty unique machine for this part of the world. Here's a pic of it on top of my portly AW14:

20140626_193539.jpg

bearly

Thanks :) Really liking it so far and if this is your first surface, I'm sure you will too. The new trackpad on the keyboard is a vast improvement on the old and the extra real estate on the screen is a joy to behold. I installed all the updates and the new N-Trig drivers and it's flying along. The pen loop issue doesn't bother me, I bought a sleeve with an outer zipped pocket, and will keep it in there. The back of the SP3 is not a fingerprint magnet either and hopefully it will stand the test of time!

MajorMassSpec

Got mine a couple days ago and am LOVING this unit so far. My only gripe is the seemingly common slow wifi issue, but I have an adapter that I can use in the meantime while Microsoft and/or Marvel get the driver sorted. Unfortunately my new SP3 specific type cover shipped separately from the computer itself, and I won't be back at work to pick it up until Wednesday. Glad to see pretty favorable comments for it though.