What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

Bert Harbinson

Loving my new SP3! Got it last week and have been using it in the kitchen at work ( i am a chef) it helps us keep track of ingredient stock, menus, and schedules. I plan to use it even more at the end of the summer when we add on to the restaurant. It will help us stay in check during the transition!

bluegrass

I got mine on the first day. I love it. I purchased a i5-256 gig with red keyboard along with the extra warranty. Now I have 4 Surfaces. It doesn't make any sense to hang on to my RT & SP1. I think I'll hang on to my SP2 for awhile though. I just pre ordered a docking station. I think that will make it possible to get rid of my desktop I use at home. I'll probably keep a couple 1 or 2 terabyte USB 3 drives connected to the docking station along with a connection to my projector.

I support about 100 micros where I work and my boss just said one of the directors wants a Surface 3. My boss watches the expenditures on equipment very closely but he said that all the road warriors where take a laptop and a iPad with them. The Surface comes in pretty close in price to the cost of both a laptop & an iPad, so I'm hoping that will be the way we go here in the future. He asked me if I thought I could support Windows 8.1 & a Surface. I told him, no problem.

DianeK

Said I'd never go back to Windows after getting a MacBook Pro, which followed my love for iPhone and iPod. I got a Galaxy Note 10.1 about 8 months ago, and it was okay, but I decided to tinker with the Surface Pro 3 and ended up walking out of Best Buy with the 128 GB/4 GB Ram one. Windows has come a long way. Surprisingly, I'm not as annoyed with Win 8, even though it is a bit of a learning curve. I just wish that those 3 dots weren't tucked in the lower right to prompt the URL bar and such. Other than that, I'm shocked Microsoft put something like this out. It's pretty good thus far. Had it about 5 days now, but having issues every time I log back in with it not finding my access point for wi-fi. But, hitting the reconnect, does find it. Over all, I'm happy with the feel and am using it more than I use my MacBook Pro right now.

DanL

having issues every time I log back in with it not finding my access point for wi-fi. But, hitting the reconnect, does find it.

I believe I read somewhere on this forum there will be another update July 15th that will fix the connectivity issue.

DianeK

I believe I read somewhere on this forum there will be another update July 15th that will fix the connectivity issue.

Thanks! I'm old enough to know that when something new comes out stuff happens and if you wait long enough, an update will come along - LOL. I expect a few bumps along the way. What is important is how responsive Microsoft is to getting the issues fixed in a reasonable time.

Thus far, I'm pretty happy with it. It feels very robust which is what used to attract me to Apple products.

PocketAce

20140710_190348.jpg

Hello everyone i just got my surface pro 3. black type cover. The demo red looked like it would get dirty easily. I am going to best buy over the weekend to check out the blue. I got the i5/256G. I have been waiting a long time for a device the combine all the functions into one. First impression the type cover is a lot better than what every review claimed it to be. Honestly the track pad is not that bad. I can't wait to learn more about this device. Cheers!

P.S. i was going to wait for the refresh but that seemed way too long of a wait for me. :)

ZmyDust

Just got mine a few days ago while on vacation in Anchorage Alaska (no sales tax!). Got the I5 256gb model at Best Buy and the dark blue type cover. This is my first surface after being an avid MacBook Pro user for the last few years and first experience with Windows 8. So far impressions are good. The type cover track pad just isn't as smooth as the one on the MBP but its manageable. Keyboard feels great. Still getting used to navigating windows 8. Love the battery life on the thing although the 9 hours claimed isn't happening. Do notice a good increase in Bluetooth range on my Motorola S305 headset compared to the 2010 model MBP. Looking forward to this being my go to machine for the next few years.

CrippsCorner

Encouraging to see people replacing their MacBook Pro's with these! I guess that was all part of Microsoft's plan... it's a shame some people (e.g. my girlfriend lol) still wants to have an iMac, iPad & MacBook rather than changing over to the world of Windows, oh well can't win them all!

PocketAce

Actually i had a netbook after college. While in college i had a MacBook Pro. Before that I had a Power Mac G4. I have been using apple products pre-intel for years. Most student bought macbooks due to brand status on campus. I actually used mine to make money and for video editing gigs. That being said I would have killed for surface pro 3 in college. I was biology major and this device would have been very handy.

Here is my beef with apple. They have slowed down their pace of innovation. They are banking more on their brand than their products. Short term this is not an issue. Long term however, they can end up like other tech giants( Palm, Blackberry, etc). I just hope microsoft Keeps their eye on the prize.

People keep saying this device is too expensive? WHAT! These are the same people with 2 or 3 generations of ipads and a macboook. Where did they get the money to buy all of those devices? I think with all you can do on this device. Long term it pays for itself. I bought this for productivity not really for games. (The games are just icing on the cake).