What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

macmee

I am interested in seeing how the cooling works and how this device performs in general for you guys before getting one, hope it goes smoothly for you all!

jollywombat

Being that its still a single heatsync/fan and the i5 is already having throttling issues, the question is how the i7 is going to fare under those same conditions being higher powered.

Last edited:

bluegrass

SaintLouisMicrosftStore.jpg
Just picked mine up and have at my work desk. Purchased the bundle which include extended warranty, purple keyboard (my choice for a second keyboard), & a bag. I also purchased a 1 year Office 365 extension for $50 (half price). I find the Microsoft store to be really first class. I'm including a photo I just shot when I picked up my Surface. The store has a fantastic media display that wraps around the whole store with two high (approximately 48 inch) monitors.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Being that its still a single heatsync/fan and the i5 is already having throttling issues, the question is how the i7 is going to fare under those same conditions being higher powered.
The i5 and i7 have the same TDP of 15W. How Intel makes the i7 perform better is their secret sauce and is reflected in the price.

tonypitt

Have my i7. I can tell that my biggest issue is going to be figuring out to use Windows 8. And the trackpad as well. (Haven't yet figured out how to right click with it.) I bought a book. Guess I'll have to read it to be able to get the most out of this. Love the i7, though.

carpecervisi

Got mine. For $250 or whatever, seems like a "smart" upgrade from my i5. The clock was ticking on my Best Buy return period so I pulled the trigger. So far, so good, but I'm just rebuilding everything right now.

be77solo

Got mine a bit earlier, charging and updating now. So far so good but does feel a bit warmer during setup than my i5 version.