What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

tarrant64

And...overheating issues last night (thermometer image on screen) while setting things up, installing updates. Literally had to get a desk fan onto the SP3 for a bit to get through all the updates. lol. Now...after I did get through the updates it's been 10x better using it today.

I thought it was announced back in August software/firmware fix was coming - but I haven't actually seen if anything was done yet. If there is a fix if someone could kindly link me to it. Otherwise - just pushing through the updates things seems better.

More stress testing tonight...

9/10 experience so far (fan/heating is only concern, pro 2 seemed way better at this, but then it was an i5, not as slim).

tarrant64

The Fan on this i7 SP3...haha...

Not gonna lie - fan was embarrassing today. Sitting in conference room with OneNote up and everyone hears this white noise and i'm just like "yeah, it's a feature. keeps you awake during long meetings by coming on from time to time and annoying the crap out of you."

pinoy45

Woot woot! I got mine yesterday. Monitors, docking station and 12" bag last week. Awesome tablet pc combo. Loving it. Sharing my setup via picture..

kMlRCQO.jpg

mtalinm

Got mine replaced yesterday after the screen went wonky. Brand new not a refurb. Fan blew hard during updates but has been mostly silent today, even during number crunching and with two external DP monitors attached. I'm encouraged.

CrippsCorner

Woot woot! I got mine yesterday. Monitors, docking station and 12" bag last week. Awesome tablet pc combo. Loving it. Sharing my setup via picture..

kMlRCQO.jpg

Looks good! At first glance I thought you had four monitors lol. Nice to see they match too :) many people have odd monitors and it drives my OCD crazy!

tarrant64

Unfortunately I ended up returning the i7 model. Got the advanced exchange (same lot group as the one I had) - and same issues with the fan. Sending back the advanced exchange unit and returned the i7 for an i5. Rarely ever hear the fan now.

For me performance isn't a big hit at all, if any. It was more getting the storage available (512). Went with the 256gb i5, and 128gb micro sdxc card.

First disappointing experience with the Pro series honestly. Have had all 3 versions now - did not expect that from the Pro3.