What's new

OFFICIAL I pre-ordered my Surface Pro 3

Odyssey

i5/256gb with the red Type Cover 3.

I've had both the black Type Covers 1 and 2, so I'm hoping a change in color will convince me to actually keep this Surface :p

Zoidy

i5/128gb with dark blue cover.
I have been in two minds about getting the 256gb version but I am using a Pro 2 128gb and it has been perfectly fine for my uses (photography and general business use)

Klownicle

i5, 128gb w/black cover. I was on the fence as I already have a Surface Pro 1st gen. But I waited on the Surface Pro 2 because of the lack of form factor change. And now with the 3rd Generation, I'll have;

Slightly Faster Processor (Identical to the i5 in the latest Surface Pro 2)
Slightly Faster Video (Identical to the i5 in the latest Surface Pro 2)
Back Lit, LED Keyboard
Larger Screen
Larger Resolution
Better Keyboard Design
Better Kickstand Design
Longer Battery Life
Higher Quality Cameras
Improved (to each his own), Pen Design.

So it made it worth the upgrade I think. I just couldn't justify a i7 when its still a dual core as the i5.

What I want to know, is will these have release day delivery on Friday June 20th? They only offer one option for Standard Ground Shipping on the Microsoft Store.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I7/512 but already ticked off due to Microsofts choice to again pick a Marvell Avastar wifi/BT combo...

Marvell is really the only All in One solution for Wireless/Bluetooth which offers significant battery savings as it was designed for the Smartphone market.