What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

GTiceman

You can always upgrade to the full version, get your key, then turn the insider option back on.

You mean by just turning it off and rebooting? I did that initially but the key looks like the insider key, could be wrong though. I am not too worried

EDIT
Speaking of Refresh, does a refresh delete Windows.old? My friend asked if he did a refresh could he roll back to Windows 8.1 if he was still having issues. I honestly can't remember. His issues are with Citrix and screen resolutions being way too small. He also has a problem with the bloat, obviously, and none of his icons for the store work. He did turn off a lot of sharing items so that could be why.

GTiceman

1440072114531-845168599.jpg Blurry pic but woke up to this, apparently I'm late to the party

Attachments

• 0820150751.jpg
    0820150751.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of Refresh, does a refresh delete Windows.old? My friend asked if he did a refresh could he roll back to Windows 8.1 if he was still having issues. I honestly can't remember.
Absolutely doing a W10 REFRESH or RESET will wipe out the ability to Rollback to the previous OS.
with Refresh there will still be a Windows.old just a vastly different one than after the Upgrade.
In essence, one level of undo not multilevel.

GTiceman

For those who have not yet updated to 525 and use Chrome... DO NOT! It is completely broken, including Canary

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely doing a W10 REFRESH or RESET will wipe out the ability to Rollback to the previous OS.
with Refresh there will still be a Windows.old just a vastly different one than after the Upgrade.
In essence, one level of undo not multilevel.
There may be another scenario that wipes rollback ... this is currently unconfirmed but running the Media Creation Tool to make a USB and possibly other functions on the upgraded system seems to have waxed the Rollback option. see Roll back to 8.1 files missing | Microsoft Surface Forums

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For those who have not yet updated to 525 and use Chrome... DO NOT! It is completely broken, including Canary
Well technically the 64bit version of Chrome is broken, you can apparently install the 32bit version - but I will never understand wanting to install any version of that hacked-forsaken poorly coded battery killer ;)

Kris

Huge on the Chrome use. It has everything I do synced to it, plus all my saved passwords. Firefox is my preferred browser when not using Chrome. Can't stand Edge, need my extensions, to block ads and whatever else the dozen or so I have do. Still can't understand why they released Edge and said we would get extensions in October.

GTiceman

Huge on the Chrome use. It has everything I do synced to it, plus all my saved passwords. Firefox is my preferred browser when not using Chrome. Can't stand Edge, need my extensions, to block ads and whatever else the dozen or so I have do. Still can't understand why they released Edge and said we would get extensions in October.
There is a workaround right now. Add "--no-sandbox" to the target under properties of the shortcut

Last edited: