What's new

Ok...lets hear it. "Anniversary update ruined my Surface 3 4 3V4r!"

I received an update and the touch screen requires more pressure from the pen than it did before. So much more that it's easier to use my finger than the pen!

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

That's strange. Maybe the pen battery is running low? Is there an indicator in windows or on the pen itself somewhere?

The pen I use is just a replacement pointer, not a pen as such. It is used when the user has fat fingers!

If I use the pen I have to be more precise and use more pressure than I did before the update. No biggie as I can always revert to using my finger.

Milkybarkid

Slightly before the main update there were a few smaller ones. I have now got this problem. Having a bit too much time on my hands one day I got hooked on Candy Crush. I now find that the screen is unresponsive to certain commands, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, same with Kindle, have difficulty putting a bookmark in although in Adobe Reader there is no problem. I took CS out and reinstalled but no difference. I've uninstalled the driver and rebooted, still not working properly. The weird thing that is in CS you can make a wrong move and it always works perfectly.

Partly working is driving me nuts and I can't use the USB port because I have a broken mouse receiver stuck in and haven't been able to pull it out with pliers.

I'm hoping that a few more updates, which it has done since the Anniversary update, will solve it

RideBo

I don't know if the anniversary updatehas something to do with it, but Surface 3 has also the problem that the screen sometimes freeses. Also sometimes the tablet will not wake up. I have to shut is of (on/off button for 30 sec) and restart.

kundas1

The pen I use is just a replacement pointer, not a pen as such. It is used when the user has fat fingers!

If I use the pen I have to be more precise and use more pressure than I did before the update. No biggie as I can always revert to using my finger.

try to recalibrate the touch sensors, that might fix it