Okay, I got my Surface and have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by TJLamb0518, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LibbyLA

LibbyLA Member

My Device:
    Other
    I put a JOTO matte screen protector on mine and it makes a HUGE difference in usability for me. The screen protector was an absolute PITA to apply, more so than others I've done, but probably because of the larger size (compared to phones, etc.). However, it really cuts the glare, the screen no longer shows fingerprints and every tiny speck of dirt, it's usable in a truck on a sunny day, and when I used the stylus, the screen feels more like paper. I absolutely detest glossy, shiny glass screens. All three of my Windows tablets (SP3, S3, and Dell Venue 8 Pro) have matte screen protectors on them.

2. Steven Du Bois

Steven Du Bois Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I do think the screen protector is a waste as well... especially if you do run into an issue the extended warranty will simply just replace the unit for you...

3. stlbud

stlbud Member

# 3) yes, you can do that but you need one of these http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Wind...1447357073&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+transfer+cable
    Look for Windows Easy Transfer to copy your files and settings from your old computer to the new one. Easy Transfer is a slick little tool. It works great with Windows, IE, Office, but you will need to manage other programs like Firefox and Chrome separately.

4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    The crazy thing for me is, I bought my Surface 3 LTE on contract. A two months later, Microsoft ships me a box containing had plastic bag with the Surface label on it. I open it, and I find encased in bubble wrap, a hard plastic screen protector for my S3! Until then, I was using a cheap film type protector. This one is hard but doesn't effect pen or touch sensitivity.

5. Turbo4AWD

Turbo4AWD Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    I think that, aside from protecting the screen, the tempered glass screen protectors come with an oleophobic coating on them. I had several oleophobic coated touch screen devices that would lose the coating in the heavily used areas of the screen so the tempered glass protectors help. If the coating wears off of the screen protector, you can just replace the screen protector and get a whole new coating. I will be looking into getting this for my Surface 3 mostly for this reason alone

6. LoriMomof9

LoriMomof9 New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I have the glass on my Note 4 - I LOVE it.... I have not bought it for my Surface - I have 2 year geek squad protection, which covers breaks for free. I do have a thin case, that covers the screen when it is closed - I like that for my tablet bag (which is padded). I wanted a very thin case, because I like the thinness and lightweight features of the Surface!

7. bronsky

bronsky Member

I am normally a fan of screen protectors but the S3 feels so good writing directly on the display with the pen (particularly with the new SP4 pen) that I haven't added an SP. I am, however, having glare issues using the S3 in public buildings with neon lighting overhead and in any outdoor scenario. I am contemplating an antiglare SP and really wish MS would release a glass AG version for the S3.