What's new

Okay seriously... what is up with the battery meter in Windows 8?

OP
macmee

macmee

Still 50/50 here lol... this week I've had my Surface randomly reboot as soon as I attached the Type Cover
disappointed.png
and I had my iPhone turn off saying dead battery, plugged it into charger and it instantly booted up and said I do have battery, wtf.

I was big into Android phones and I switched from the Nexus One to the iPhone 4. I've had it for several years now and I've never had a single problem with it with the exception that it takes several minutes for another device to recognize when I turn wifi teathering on.

CrippsCorner

Don't get my wrong I absolutely adore my iPhone... but it's certainly not without it's problems.

This model though, is mostly plaged by iOS 7.

I'm not a 'hater' but I've experienced issues with Safari, the music player and the app store all of which were pretty much perfect in iOS 6
mad.png

tarrant64

I don't know if this will really work but you can try following steps to recalibrate the battery and see if you get more accurate times. I've only tried a couple of times with older laptops and had mixed results. I believe one method is to even just run your battery all the way down and charging it back up. See if that helps at all. Might not but worth a try and just trying to help.

daniielrp

Don't get my wrong I absolutely adore my iPhone... but it's certainly not without it's problems.

This model though, is mostly plaged by iOS 7.

I'm not a 'hater' but I've experienced issues with Safari, the music player and the app store all of which were pretty much perfect in iOS 6
mad.png

I think it is iOS 7 too, my iPhone 5 with iOS 6 was great, then I went to a 5s with iOS 7 and experience random reboots at least twice a week, and frequently suffer a bizarre problem when I will have an app open and working fine, but the home/lock buttons stop working so am stuck in the app unless I 2-button reset, madness!

As for the Surface Pro 2, so far had no major probs apart from the trackpad not responding every now and then but a disconnect/reconnect of the type 2 fixes this. I did however randomly see my battery reporting 18hrs a few days ago, but it quickly dropped to 7 after a few minutes :p

CrippsCorner

Yeah I've started having more random reboots recently, pretty annoying! Any idea of different music players on the iPhone, is that even possible?

OP
macmee

macmee

Yeah I've started having more random reboots recently, pretty annoying! Any idea of different music players on the iPhone, is that even possible?

My complaint about iOS 7 is that when I updated to it on the iPad 3, it was noticeably more laggy. Oddly enough it seems to run flawlessly on my 4s though.

daniielrp

I've been using Splyce for a good few months now. I like it as you can set it track length and a new feature called smart length jumps you right into the action of the song. My personal use began just as a player for the gym/walks/training as I can set track length and time things perfectly, but it quickly became my default player for music all the time!

CrippsCorner

Okay thanks, maybe I'll check it out. Since posting yesterday though I found Beat and have been trying it out, seems pretty good so far! Gorgeous looking piece of software...

Beat-Songs.jpg

daniielrp

Ah yes, it is a stunningly good looking app - I actually used that one about a year ago, but it was a bit buggy and crashed too often. I may go back and give it another try!

CrippsCorner

Just had a look for you and it says the last bug fixing update was in November last year... so if you haven't used it since then it might be worth a go! Certainly working well for me. The only thing I wish it did was to show what number you are into on your playlist.