What's new

On-screen Keyboard

I know this might be a silly question but lately I have been getting the On-screen keyboard coming out automatically whenever I start my Surface 2. Tried to find where I can switch it off but was unsuccessful. I have the Type keyboard always attached to the Surface 2. :confused::confused::confused:

ctitanic

If the on screen keyboard is coming while the touch keyboard is attached that means that your touch keyboard may be broken or you have a problem with it's driver.

macmee

You have it coming up when you *don't* want it? Mine doesn't come up (in metro mode) when I *do* want it.

Dear god Microsoft, what is this madness.

OP
G

geisslingen

Yes, the on-screen keyboard popup windows is displayed when I login after a starting Surface 2, I do not run anything or set it up to be displayed. I have the type (not touch) keyboard and it is permanently attached and works just fine. Maybe a driver issue? or some error related to the keyboard?

Tsurugaya

I sort of have the same thing as geisslingen, but mine mainly come up when I have shut it down and restart it.

KiyoshiAphelion

I just touched this field to type in it (Type Cover 2 attached) and the OSK popped up. Very annoying. I think it's sporadic though and if I restart it will probably go away. I used to have bad problems with the Type Cover not being recognized after sleep, but those seem to have gone away after a Windows Update.

Omni

Are you confusing the Accessibility on-screen keyboard with the touch screen windows 8 one? They do seem to be different...

OP
G

geisslingen

What I see when I start my Surface 2 is the accessibility on-screen keyboard, even when I switch it off in the accessibility settings. It is not a big deal as I close it off every time I start S2, but I don't understand why it comes up as a default every time.