What's new

One Note 2016 will not open via pen

terrysk

I notice when I remove my keyboard from my surface pro 4 and go into tablet mode then click the pen once or twice to open one note 2016 it doesn't open automatically it opens in the background and a double click to take a screenshot and send it to one note 2016 freezes the surface. When I attach my keyboard the assigned clicks work and one note 2016 opens automatically and double clicking capture a screen shot. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? If i change my pen settings to the default one note it works with or without the keyboard no issues.

Philtastic

I also have a similar problem but, for me, the eraser button doesn't work at all, and it seems that it might be tied to sleep mode. If it's a fresh boot, the eraser button works. If it's been in sleep, the eraser button generally doesn't work.

Philtastic

Try resetting the pen, and removing the battery and reinserting it. That should do it.
I've done this and it works but that's not something that I want to do every time the button stops working temporarily....

Terrysk, does your issue happen every time you remove the keyboard, even after a fresh boot?

Afy

Try deleting the pen from devices, and Bluetooth. Try pairing it again.. see if that makes a difference.