What's new

OneDrive not working

henryn

I am upgraded to all the newest Office 2016 and OneDrive, but for some reason, my "cache encountered a problem and needs to be repaired." Anyone have any tips? I've restarted my SP3 i7 and all, but that has not done anything. Pic below.

Attachments

• problem with onedrive.PNG
    problem with onedrive.PNG
    92.7 KB · Views: 492

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am upgraded to all the newest Office 2016 and OneDrive, but for some reason, my "cache encountered a problem and needs to be repaired." Anyone have any tips? I've restarted my SP3 i7 and all, but that has not done anything. Pic below.
That happened on an older build of Office 2016 for me, it took a complete uninstall and disk cleanup then I reinstalled the latest build of Office 2016.

OP
henryn

henryn

That happened on an older build of Office 2016 for me, it took a complete uninstall and disk cleanup then I reinstalled the latest build of Office 2016.
uggg sounds like I'm just going to have to deal with this problem. I don't have the time or really the interest to go through that process.

OP
henryn

henryn

Actually, I'm not too tech savy. What would a complete uninstall and disk cleanup entail?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@henryn

1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in your Notification area (lower left of Taskbar, perhaps hidden by the "^" symbol.
2. Settings, Unlink OneDrive
3. Immediately reboot (restart) your computer.
After restart:
4. Click the OneDrive icon and Sign in with your Microsoft account.
5. Choose "Use this location" because OneDrive will recognize your previous folders.

The cache should rebuild itself.

Let us know about your progress.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I removed Office 2016 from Add/Remove Programs and I also ran disk cleanup by right clicking on my "C" Drive in Explorer - Properties - Disk Cleanup