What's new

OneNote and the pen double click screenshot feature

jfknm

First of all, hey everyone - i'm new here :)

I bought the SP3 a couple of days ago and loving it so far!

This is probably a thing that can't be changed by the settings, or i just didn't find it. Using the button on the pen to capture the screen is a really nice feature. The one thing what's bothering me a little though is that OneNote always creates a new page in my default notebook. I would want it to paste the image directly to the page which is opened at that moment. That would save me the time to move the picture to the page i want it to be in. I am using the Desktop Version of OneNote as the default option. Using the screen capture button of OneNote will only let me capture the Desktop.
Maybe that's something Microsoft could at to the Surface Hub or OneNote itself, an option to not create a new page when one is opened.

What do you think about this?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fully agree. I use my device in lectures, and often have a browser open for background reading on the topic at hand, and it is often the case that i want to quickly grab a chart etc, and have it imported straight into my page of notes. Instead i have to go cut and paste, navigate back to where i was, and then realise i've just missed something useful in the process.

The import pdf printout feature also seems a bit flaky for me at times. sometime if i create a blank page and select import, it'll put it in that page, other times it will just create it's own new page. As you say, hopefully it'll get looked at in the future, or just allow us to have the option of choosing how the action is performed, just like when we got the option for the pen to open MUI onenote or 2013.